BootsnAll Travel Network



Peru part 1

Lima

Well I am finally here, exuse the lack of correct pronuctiation in this post. Spanish keyboards are just wrong. It took me roughly 40 minutes to figure out how to type the @ symbol! (Ctrl, Alt and Q).

I have been in Lima for two days exploring the old city with its amazing churches and other huge buildings of sigificant importance. It doesnt feel entirley safe walking around the old city, all the shops, buildings have bars on the windows. The banks have multiple gun wielding guards outside, and for some reason multiple police(slash)army people with riot gear and tanks! However saying that for some reason the traffic people dress up as mime artists, with white face paint and lipstick waving predestrations to almost certain death as they cross the road.

We (me and my two German speaking Italina friends) then paid 1 pound to get to Miraflores which is the new Lima, it was like another country. No people scrubbing the floor with toothbrushes here, shit no! They have pressure washers. The streets are cleaner and the houses bigger and the beach within 10 minute walk. Last night at the dorm we had a nice party, here are the people who I partied with….

Italians
Germans
Finish
Swedes
Swiss
Spanish
Australian (yes I did say 2-1)
English
Canadian
Japanese
Irish

Thank fuck beer and English is universal!

Today I got on a bus after muchus confusion (not knowing much Spanish sucks big time) and travelled 4 hours south to a place called “Pisco”. For $10 I have a private room with shower, there is a swimming pool, pool table, basket ball court, bar and I have met some lovely Dutch people to. Step outside the hotel and the houses next to it have no roofs, no roads and no electricity. We walked into the centre (central plaza) and keeping up with peru(apostrophe)s standards it was amazing, full of really colourful buildings, people and Tuk tuks.

Tomorrow I am off on a whole day trip boating, trekking and driving around national parcas ballistas(its in pisco mum, look it upĀ“) the whole day cost 50 soles which is around 8 pounds. Then I am off sand dune surfing and buggy driving!

Its actually very hard to spend money here, everything is so cheap. I have budgeted for 15 pounds per day, but a 3 course meal costs about 1 pound a hotel bed costs about 4 pounds and a 4 hour journey costs 2 pounds.

Ok I should go before I exceed the 17p per hour charge

Adios amigos.

PS. photos to come as soon as an internet cafe invests in a PC with USB!!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *