BootsnAll Travel Network



A little bit about me

Hello. My name’s Rob. At the time of writing this I am 24 years old, so that’s roughly 8760 days of age. I’ve never ventured to university and have never rented or purchased a house. In fact, the longest I have ever been away from my parents is 2 weeks, with occasional single weeks here and there. Alone (without parents) I have travelled to Tenerife, Thailand, Ibiza, Holland, Germany and France. In total that would add up to roughly 80 days away from my parents, give or take another 50 for weekends away. That’s a total 130 independent days. 130 days out of 8760!!

If my calculations serve me correctly that’s 98.5% of my life which has been under my parents wings, for which, obviously I am eternally grateful. However, it’s time to give my parents a break..

So here I am, ready to reclaim the lost years.

What will I be leaving behind? My family, friends, company car, security, DJ decks, constant internet access, hay fever, guitar, Sky Plus, several pairs of shoes, all my ‘trendy’ clothes, income, a decent fitness level and finally (and most importantly), scheduled life.

What will I be gaining? God knows, at the very least a sun-tan, possibly a Delhi belly and hopefully an insight to other people’s lives and cultures. I’d like to see sights more impressive than Stonehenge and higher than Mount Snowdon. People say travelling will make you a better person, if this is the case I suppose I’d like to have more confidence, loose a little bit of my conscience and if physical improvements are up for grabs to, a nice six pack.

So, in preparation I’m learning 3 languages, Spanish, Thai and Chinese (Mandarin). The rest of the languages I will make up as I go along; by this I don’t mean create a new language and dictate natives speak it. (it’s been done before)

In case I run out of money abroad, or feel the need to work I have completed a TEFL course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) which stands me in good stead for teaching English to foreign students, however I should have £23 a day for the whole year, which give or take a few drunken spent pounds should see me through.

This website is obviously dedicated to follow my travels; you can keep up to date with my latest travel plans, stories of woe and stories of joy. You may laugh, you may cry but either way you will feel the uncontrollable urge to donate money to me.

Paypal – rob@teamtwisted.freeserve.co.uk

So, that’s it. Please add comments, and feel free to ask me any questions!

Thanks for reading.

Rob



Tags: , ,

7 responses to “A little bit about me”

  1. Dave big boy Brown says:

    Ive always been an admirer of yours,can i have your babies

  2. me says:

    have a wonderful time but make sure u come back!

  3. Emma says:

    Go on then…..fuck off and leave us here with this shit!

  4. rafo says:

    Sounds like a good trip ahead. Time for the open road. Where did you do your TEFL course by the way. I’m doing one in Mexico soon. Was it very intensive?
    Good luck for your trip

  5. admin says:

    Hey Rafo, did my TEFL course in the UK mate with http://www.i-to-i.com

    Good luck with your course and enjoy Mexico !

    Adios

  6. M&D says:

    Sounds a good idea, giving your parents a break. Maybe they’ll fall apart without you- maybe you’ve been the glue that keeps them together? Respect for obviously working and paying your way. Good luck- keep in touch with them!!!

  7. Dave B says:

    Hi Rob,just come back from Spain,have a great time on your travels,watch the STDs,hope you have got a big supply of the extra large things.
    Dave (WORK)

  8. doorbelt says:

    Go Go Go!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *