BootsnAll Travel Network



Woohoo!

OK,

I’m in Krabi, Thailand, right now (been here for five days). Krabi is just a few minutes by boat from Rai ley (spl?) beach which is famous for its limestone caves, supposedly some of the best in Thailand. The caves and stalactites touch the ocean and the hills (Islands) shoot straight up.

I climbed one of those hills (pretty damn steap) and found a lagoon inside (almost like a volcano, but not), with clear water and caves all around you. If you look up, the mountain tops all meet in a circle. It was a magical place!

Going to the beach in southern Thailand is good enough, but when the scenery is like this it makes it a special place. The limestone cliffs are excellent for climbing (with a rope) and there actually world famous. I watched some people climbing and got nervous thinking about being up that high, looking for the next grip, so, of course I had to try it! It was one of the coolest things I’ve done, definitely a top ten, right up there with skydiving!

I ended up climbing 30 meters straight (I mean STRAIGHT) up! That’s about 100 feet for us Americans. Sometimes I would get stuck (looking for the next grip) holding on by only two fingers. It was great though. I was bloody and dead tired by the end, but it felt great to conquer that part of the mountain (even if I was the bloody one).

I’m still loving every minute of this trip, not one bad day yet! Tomorrow I will take a boat to KO Phi Phi to do some diving and do some other hard work……….on my tan. Yeah life’s ruff, but I’ll deal with it somehow! OK, I’ll bother you all again some other time. Peace!



Tags:

Comments are closed.