BootsnAll Travel Network



Never bored

OK, just a few things – I just got back from my boarder run to Kouthong (Burma). I’m in Ranong now, I spent the night in a hotel room (100 Baht/$2.50) that has it’s own (private bathroom) bathroom. It’s been a while since I’ve have my own bathroom! But, just when it was time to feel like I was all bad, I noticed the sink had no drain pipe and the shower had no head on it!

Wooohooo! So, now when I go in my very own bathroom, if I use the sink the water just lands on my feet, and when I take a shower, the water comes out like a hose! I love it!!

Besides that, since I’ve been on vacation I’ve been chased relentlessly by taxi drivers, bus drivers, shop owners or the people that want commission for bringing me to someones store! They all ask the same questions (just to make conversation – then you’re theirs), where you go, where you come from, what you do today? It gets annoying after 5000 times, so I came up with the perfect answers to the annoying questions!

Question – Where you go, what you do today? Answer – Toilet! Sometimes they need sound affects to go with it, because they don’t understand at first. But, it works like a charm!

Next question – Where you come from? Answer – Dengue! As in the fever that was getting out of control when I was in Indonesia. They give me a puzzled look and then ask where that is located. I just tell them it’s near South Africa, above Swaziland, but below Mozambique! Gets them every time!
One shop owner even called me in, I told him he doesn’t have what I’m looking for, he told me he has everything! I asked if he had Dengue, he told me ohhh yes! I asked him to show me and he looked around for about 5 minutes before I explained to him what Dengue is, he took it like a champ though!

Anyway, even when You’re just in a town for 1 day and it seems like there is nothing to do, you can still have fun out here! OK, I’m just killing time before my bus to Bangkok leaves. It’s ridiculously hot outside and there is no beach around here, and I checked out of my room because I won’t be staying tonight (no need to pay for another day). That’s why I shared the Tao of travel with you today.



Tags:

Comments are closed.