BootsnAll Travel Network



Nepal

I guess I have to much time on my hands. Here are some burnt observations from me. I’ve got to stick with the title of my blog, so I’ll try to come up with some meaningless, absolutely useless, burnt info on a few of the countries I’ve visited so far. This is for Nepal, I was there from July – Oct, 2004…

The best parts of Kathmandu/Nepal –

Food!

Monsoon season!

Rusty water at all the guest houses!

Bakery’s (more than one bakery) 1/2 price after 8, 8:30 and 9:00 pm! Yummm!

Cow shit on the sidewalks!

Cow’s in the street!

Ketchup tasting different at every restaurant, but never quite like ketchup.

Straws that are to thin to actually work, so you really can’t use them!

Salt that is to sticky to use as well!

Food and coffee!

Ants in the sugar!

Random power outages!

Strikes!

Curfews!

Drug pushers, rickshaw drivers, salesmen and homeless!

Food!

The bus rides! You haven’t lived till you’ve had a bunch of Nepali’s diving over you to puke out your window!

Chillin at Durbar square – On the same steps that the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix sat!

Mountains, rivers and jungle…

The people.

Pressure cooker bombs! Just the name is funny! (only when no one gets hurt and that’s most ot the time).

Travelling porter salesmen – You see them on any part of any mountain, any time of the year. They carry everything “porter style”, with a head strap, but they useually have Hindi music blasting (battery operated) and they have all kinds of usefull stuff hanging everywhere, like cigaretts, toothbrushes, playing cards, stickers, noise makers and lots of other junk…

The overall magic of the country, my favorite.



Tags:

Comments are closed.



Nepal

These are the prices that I wrote in my journal. I didn’t keep track of everything, but if you’re going there it may help…

Read the rest of this entry »



Tags:

Comments are closed.