BootsnAll Travel Network



Got Worms?

…I do!

Nice, huh? I had a bad stomach in Delhi (Delhi belly) and had a test done by a doctor there, he told me I have worms! SWEET! I love worms! Anyway, I just have to take a pill twice a day for two days and I’ll be de-wormed. I figured I’d share this appetizing news with you all, because I now you’re all interested in that type of thing.

Anyway, I’m in Rishikesh right now. It’s a center for Hindu pilgrims, but now westerners come here to “seek enlightenment”, not why I’m here by the way. I’m on my way to the north (Manali), to chill out in the mountains and maybe do some more trekking in a different part of the Himalaya’s.

Sorry for the last “angry e-mail”, that’s the second time on this trip that I was actually pissed off. I guess blowing chunks all morning and almost getting ripped off twice was all it took that time, but last time I had a better reason.

I was in Chengdu, China, and Jan, Pedderass and myself were just kickin it,drinking a few beers (remember Jan and Pedder). It was nice (outside – street side) and eventually we were joined by the owner and some of his very drunk friends. 1 of them really didn’t like me because I was American, and he wanted to “test his power against me in the street” all night. That was no problem, I can ignore insults and challenges, that’s not ever worth fighting over. By about 2:00 am, the TP man as I’ll call him (power tester, backwards) went inside for a drink and I don’t know why, butI turned around (maybe because I didn’t trust him). When I looked inside I saw him yelling at the waitress and he pushed her away, so she slapped him, then he reached behind himself, grabbed a ceramic statue and broke it over her head! I have a hard time watching stuff like that, so when he walked past me like he was all bad and then sat down laughing about it with his friends (one of them the owner), I couldn’t let it slide.

I walked over to his table without saying a word, and grabbed him… I can’t remember were but I had a good grip, and I walked him through a few tables and chairs, with bottles and glasses breaking, I think I knocked a few tables down as well? Anyway, I dragged him to the steps of the bar/restaurant and stopped. He stood there and started saying something to me in drunken Chinese, with his finger raised in my face, and just before he hit my chest with his finger, I pushed with just my left hand. He went flying and landed face down on the side walk! It took him a good 5 seconds to get up, at which time the owner came up to me asking why I did that. I pointed to the waitress (that’s not their proper name is it?), who had blood running down her face and neck, and then looked at the TP dude and said “he can’t stay here”! The owner wasn’t happy about it, but he decided to take my side (for a number of reasons probably) and walked down the steps to pacify the TP man. About 2 second later they were both on the ground rolling around, then the waitress came out of the bar to get into it and a minute later the police came!

Madness! That officially signaled the end of the night and the time to go back to our GH’s! I’m not sure why I just wrote all of that? Maybe the de-worming pills are kick’n in?

Anyway, India is cool so far, the accommodation is more expensive then Nepal, but the food is ridiculously cheap and good! 50 cents for pretty much all you can eat rice, curry’s, chapati’s (flat round bread), dahl (lentils) and curd (yogurt)! I’ve been eating for more that one all of this time (the worms), so I guess I’ve been doing some damage to the kitchens!

This computer sucks, if I try to correct something I’ve already written, the whole sentence moves backwards and it erases everything in front letter by letter, as I type a new letter behind it? Dumb! What ever! OK, I’m outta here, I’m gonna eat with an unfair advantage while I still have worms! I’m gonna miss those things!



Tags:

Leave a Reply