BootsnAll Travel Network



The Inca trail: SAS Travel

On arriving in Cusco, we went to SAS TravelŽs office on the main square to “check-in”. Our names were on the list as a private tour but the girl we saw seemed a bit confused to our needs and we left the office wondering if weŽd booked with the right company!

Eug dropped our contact at SAS Travel an email (even though she was on maternity leave and it was New Years Eve!) in the hope that everything would get sorted out.

The next day, David from SAS Travel appeared at our hotel full of information and reassurance about our trip. The email had got though then! He loaned both of us walking poles for the trip and the next day, took our money for the trip. No going back now.

We had arranged with SAS that our guide would turn up at 8am at our hotel in Ollantaytambo and weŽd continue to Km82, the head of the Inca trail, from there. Freddy, our guide, turned up on time and full of enthusiasm with his cousin, Julio, our cook for the next few days. We immediately felt comfortable with them as we bumped our way to Km82 in the minibus. It was very exciting! After all our planning and training, we were finally going to be walking the Inca trail!



Tags:

Comments are closed.