BootsnAll Travel Network



Hotel Mansion de Los Angeles (hotel from hell part 2)

…in San Cristobal de la Casas. We booked this because it was recommended in the Lonely Planet Guide. Wish we hadnīt though – it was rubbish! They seemed unsure of our booking on arrival. The room itself was OK, although only a blanket was available for extra heating. We had to show ourselves to our room. We had to ask for the remote control. The hotel was quite noisy with lots of doorbanging. And the icing on the cake was being told we couldnīt stay a second night, even though weīd paid for it – because, we think from our poor understanding of Spanish, that we were “backpackers”. Watch out if you carry a rucksack, whether you wash or not, they donīt want you here! Even though our e-voucher showed all the information for the hotel, payments and nights we were booked in to stay, it still appeared that we werenīt wanted as we should have been in “the backpackers hotel”.

Rant over, but you get the message.



Tags:

One Response to “Hotel Mansion de Los Angeles (hotel from hell part 2)”

  1. Tom Crossley Says:

    No sympathy here you two, you should have settled for civilisation and joined Victor in Bermuda.

    Tom