BootsnAll Travel Network



Copacabana but no Barry Mannilow

It was a good feeling to know we were leaving La Paz. The mix of altitude and dirty air was all too much. Eventually, we found the back seat of the Turisbus to Copacabana and the air and scenery improved greatly. The mountains swooping around Lake Titicaca is an awesome sight.

The guts however, were in a very confused state and the bumpy bus ride was not helping matters. What a relief it was as we disembarked to take the boat across the Straits of Tequina on Lake Titicaca (it looks like the sea – it`s so big!). Eug and I ran to the local banos to be greeted by Mr Happy demanding a Bolivianos before we could uncross everything. Mr Happy obviously didn`t give a s*** about his grim job, if you`ll pardon that pun. To put it bluntly: no seats, no paper, no flush and overall, not cleaned very often. But in our present state of affairs, nothing was going to stop us! I could hear Eugene throwing up next door – never been very good at that sort of thing. Thank the Lord for Wet Wipes. You`re all probably still munching through turkey sarnies, so enough said.

The Boat Safety Scheme would have had some fun on the motor we travelled across the straits on. Our bus followed alongside on a huge barge – which also looked a bit wobbly!

Back on the bus for an hour and we were at our destination. Around midday and it was beautifully warm and tranquil. We headed up the hill for Hotel Rosario number 2- the sister hotel to the one in La Paz, and in our opinion, much nicer! Our room (room 101, a bit disconcerting!) has a view of the Lake and the bed is so comfy!

Drained in all senses, we rested for the rest of the day. It was my first dry Christmas Eve in years! Maybe the liver will go into shock soon. Hopefully our Sarah will have done my share of the pickled onion rolling back at home this evening!



Tags:

One Response to “Copacabana but no Barry Mannilow”

  1. Geoff Says:

    Boat Safety Scheme??? Using the word s*** was bad enough, but BSS is going too far!
    My boat passed the BSS this month – for the very first time it didn’t cost me a three figure sum to get it through!