BootsnAll Travel Network



Holy Week

Palm Sunday photos-click on photo for more pictures

On Palm Sunday, we participated in one of many processions that are taking place every day around the city. The pictures in this posting are just a few representative of what a procession is. Lots of people follow a procession of a group of people carrying a cross or statues of Jesus from one church to another.  They usually stop at a few houses of important people. You can probably easily spot the tallest, grayed haired man in one of the crowd photos.

Sunday afternoon, we went back to the beach. We are headed there again this Friday and Saturday for an overnight stay. We decided to cut a potential 4 day beach vacation down to two so that we would study more.  Everyone around Nicaragua heads to the beach for Holy Week. We are now in week two of Spanish. For those keeping score, we have reached a milestone in that the number of Spanish words we know now exceeds the # of times we have eaten beans and rice.  Now that is progress.
On a completely unrelated note, the city got it’s first bit of rain this past week which was unexpected since the rain doesn’t usually come until late April, early May. It didn’t cool anything down but at least it was something different than the sun -(Don’t be bitter Seattlites).



Tags: ,

One Response to “Holy Week”

  1. Al, Amy and Nicky Says:

    Hi guys – Amy and Nicky are here showing Dad (ie/Grandpa) and Mom (ie Grandma) how the blog works. Looks like the Holy Week/Easter Celelbration is going to be a lot of fun! Any chocolate Easter Bunnies???? Just kidding! 🙂

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.