BootsnAll Travel Network



Yes they are gone!

After 26 days and 13 hours the in-laws went home again. And let me tell you something: They were ready! When we got up at 6 in the morning they were both fully dressed waiting with their luggage less than 20 feet away from the Yodavan and honestly, Allison and I were ready, too, even though right now 10 hours after we dropped them of at the airport the apartment is strangely quiet and empty and we do miss them.

Overall I must say we had an awesome time. Yes, we did have a few blowouts, but personally I think that if you live together with your in-laws (or parents) for almost one entire month and there are no arguments, something is wrong. It has also been an incredible time for the kids. Dan and Joyce brought a suitcase full of present for them. It was like an early Christmas. They also got more candies in the last 4 weeks than on our entire trip, they watched more TV and DVD’s than I would ever have allowed, but I agree that it is the grandparents duty to just the spoil the kids. So during the last 26 days (and 13 hours) I constantly had to be the bad guy who had to say “no more candies” “that’s enough TV” etc. On the other hand, it was nice to see how patient Joyce is with both of the kids. She kept reading books with them, made oatmeal in the morning, taught them counting and just spent an incredible amount of time with them which was great for us, because we had time to do things like visiting local karaoke bars.I am also sure that they had a good time, but the next time they will visit us on our trip (we don’t know where yet) they probably will not stay for almost one month. I also think that they have been happy with the accommodations we found.  Before they came we had discussions about whether they should book something over the internet, or let us try to find an equally nice place for (hopefully) a fraction of the cost by just asking around once we got to Costa Rica.  We also convinced them not to rent a car for their visit, but instead have faith in the Yodavan which turned out to be the correct decision. They didn’t admit it, but I am sure they also fell in love with the Yodavan. I am happy that things worked out the way they did, because there were times when I was a bit nervous if we would find places to stay that they would enjoy which were still within our budget.I think that in previous blogs we must have mentioned that Allison’s parents were all but happy about our trip.  Even after they saw us here being happy and healthy they said that they still don’t feel any different about it, but after a few too many discussions about this subject I am positive that they are happy for us and that they even started to like our adventure. They just have a strange way of showing it. And if I am wrong about this Dan will have a chance to say other ways on the blolg entry he said he was going to write for us.  We hope he’ll be the author of our next guest entry.I want to thank them again for visiting us and I am already looking forward to their next (shorter) visit (maybe on Yucatan).

 

 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *