BootsnAll Travel Network



Space English

Below you will find a comment from another blog, presumably written by someone to whom English is a second language. I’m not including it here to make fun of it in any way, it just struck me as English as it would be spoken by spacemen who learned English by reading a stiff cocktail of Shakespeare and Noam Chomsky. A dear friend once described the French spoken in Haiti as sounding like “space French.” This, to me, sounds like space English. It is beautiful, in the way that the 1950s-era sci-fi sound effects staple, the theremin, is beautiful.

“State of Denial”. The book cannot be talked of yet. Until we read its content to know what the name signifies. But before then, according to the taste from the author’s interview, it (the book) sounds well and reveals a good taste of American literature and presidency odds and odysseys. It makes Bush regime as an example of his literature. It evaluates his presidential character, ambitions and hard core of completion of his ruling.

Still am not moved. I need to read the book. As pre- adjudgement to the book, it’s the American method of transition. As the Republican is packing out of the state house, they need to soft-pedal the throne for the Democrats to change the hardened face of the global audience about America into smooth and fresh look. Only I’m sorry. This is over. Everybody has known that both Re-publi and Demo are double banner of the same coin. Nothing new to re-publish or demo-nstrate to the world. How possible to denude your fellow friend or partner in public and promise to dress him in gold at home. In this stance of Iraq, if we accept the mistake, can we correct the mistake. For where?

Tags: ,



One Response to “Space English”

  1. Kirsten Says:

    That’s lovely! I especially like the line about de-nuding. But I think “demo-nstrate” should have been “demon-srate,” considering the topic.

  2. Posted from Japan Japan

Leave a Reply