BootsnAll Travel Network



Our first visit to the Pyramids of Giza

Well, we’ve been in Cairo for two and a half months now and we finally hopped on a bus and rode the 10km out of town to visit the last of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. I don’t have much new to say about the Pyramids of Giza – a lot of people have said quite a lot. However, I’ll say it’s well worth the bus fare.

three pyramids
Pyramid of Khafre in the foreground, built between 2589 – 2530 B.C. It is the only pyramid in Giza which still has some of the limestone casing on it near the top.

Sphinx
The Sphinx – half man, half lion – built during Khafre’s reign.

sneaky
It’s Ramadan so we make every effort possible not to eat or drink water in public before the fast breaks. However, walking around the Pyramids is pretty draining, so we found a quiet part of the Valley Temple near the Sphinx to take a few sips.

pyramid
It’s me, in front of the Pyramid of Menkaure.

No climbing
No climbing?

hieroglyphics
Hieroglyphics near the Pyramids of the Queens, at the Eastern base of the Pyramid of Khufu.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Our first visit to the Pyramids of Giza”

  1. Mum Says:

    Derek, you’ve been caught aqua-handed. And there’s Sarah – doing her Audrey Hepburn imitation. Thanks for the visual update. I love it!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. dez Says:

    HAHAAA.

    You should have like a whole chicken you carry around and snack off of in public. That rules.

    Like the shag hair.. you should grow a big bushy beard.

  4. Posted from Japan Japan
  5. dez Says:

    so, i know that post was written by sarah.. no, i wasn’t telling you to grow a beard. Well, i mean… if that is something you want to do though…

  6. The Other Mom Says:

    Great pictures. Your photography is really good. I see a job with National Geographic in your future. Almond says that the cat is royalty in Egypt and would like a crown!

  7. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply