BootsnAll Travel Network



My new favorite airlines

Ah, Royal Jordanian Airlines – where everyone feels like a king, or at least like they are in business class.

Waiting in the terminal to board Royal Jordanian flight 0166 from Istanbul to Amman yesterday was the first time I felt like we were getting close to the Middle East. Most of the men were businessmen, carrying their briefcases and ready to get to work. A few families were flying as well; the women wore headscarves or black robes and veils covering all but their eyes.

We boarded the plane and walked to row 10, which is economy class, but when I sat down my knees were a good six inches from the back of the seat in front of me and my hips did not hit the edge of the seat, brushing up against the person seated next to me. Each seat had an individual tv screen, much like JetBlue, however because the seats were at least two inches wider, the screen was like a large movie screen, waiting to delight me with on-demand movies and tv programs. While we waited for the plane to launch the screen switched between a map of the region and a diagram of the plane’s orientation in relation to Mecca (at least, I think that’s what it was – it was in Arabic after all).

Thirty minutes into the two hour flight, I am comfortably watching “Failure to Launch” (a movie which is only entertaining if you are at 30,000 feet) when we are served a full dinner, complete with proper silverware. The chicken on a bed of rice was succulent and flavorful and I finished it off with a moist brownie and mango juice. Did I mention that I could cross my legs with the tray down and my knees didn’t bang the tray?

Ah, Royal Jordanian Airlines…

-s

Tags: ,



One Response to “My new favorite airlines”

  1. Mark Says:

    I’m sorry there MUST have been something in the Baklava…you were on drugs.

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply