BootsnAll Travel Network



First impressions of Aqaba

We left Petra this morning by minibus and arrived in the port city of Aqaba before 10 a.m. After three days at a hostel that was high on friendliness but a little low on cleanliness, we decided to splurge on a room at a posh hotel (or at least it seems like it may have been posh forty years ago) with a swimming pool. Although neither of us enjoy swimming and didn’t even bother to bring swimming suits, it’s nice to know it’s there for us if we change our minds. Our large Oriental-style room even has a balcony which would probably overlook the ocean if it was on the fourth floor rather than the second floor.

After settling in, we attempted to walk one kilometer to Downtown Aqaba for food and to view the port but were foiled by the unrelenting sun and 37C heat. After a mere 200 meters we found an internet cafe which has DSL and it looks like we may be able to get shwarma across the street. Maybe when it cools off a little in a few hours we’ll venture out of the internet cafe and across the street…

(BBC Weather reported it is 37C in Cairo today. Ai yai yai).

Tags: , ,



One Response to “First impressions of Aqaba”

  1. Mark Says:

    Gone metric, have we?

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply