BootsnAll Travel Network



Celebrity sightings

After three days of rain and fog (no complaining here – the Edinburgh atmosphere is only enhanced with foggy alleys and rain-soaked stone buildings), we can finally see a blue sky.

Turbo and I headed out early this morning to run some errands before tomorrow’s wedding. D is borrowing our friend’s kilt for the wedding (stay tuned for photos!), but needed to rent some proper shoes so we went to High Street in search of a kiltmaker’s shop. We happened upon a large crowd outside of an old gothic church watching a marching band play. Today is the one-year anniversary of the London bombings, so we were able to figure out that it was a memorial service.

Once the band finished playing we watched a caravan of black sedans slowly leave the church and pass us on High Street. Seating in the rear passengers seat of the first sedan was the Queen, followed by the second car with Prince Charles. As quickly as they came, they drove away, but not before we snapped a few photos.

Tags: ,



One Response to “Celebrity sightings”

  1. Mum Says:

    Blimmey! The Queen and Bonney Prince Charles! That’s BIG. Can’t wait to see pictures of D in a kilt. We’ll see how he matches up to Andrew, that ol’ Wooster Scot.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Brother Says:

    D will have to wear his kilt “true”, as I did. It is liberating and convenient, but a little drafty.

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply