BootsnAll Travel Network



Finally Here!!

MBK Mall in Bangkok

I’ve finally arrived in Thailand with no setbacks! It’s my fourth day here and I must admit I had no idea what I was bargaining for. That said, I think finally today I’m warming up to the whole idea of my new world! I’m staying north of town near the BTS Skytrain, which is the best and most affordable way to negotiate the city, and best of all it has aircon!! You really learn to value that here. It’s very hot and the humidity is like nothing I remember.

The past three days I’ve just been getting aquainted with everything. I saw some really beautiful Temples yesterday and also went for a ride on a longtail boat on the Chao Praya river. That was the highlight so far. We went thru canals similar to the Venice canals and really had a chance to see some unique ways of living! I have some great pictures and will get them online ASAP.

One thing I must add is, just walking the streets here is so different from anywhere else. The Thais love the streetside market vendors and that’s all you see lined up everywhere. The smells are truly amazing and add to that, all you hear around you is this strange language! The traffic is absolutely NUTS. That is the only way i can describe it. Many motorbikes similar to scooters just buzzing around at all hours of the day and night!

Well, I am missing home and I really hope I can last! It’s going to be interesting, that’s for sure. The Hostel I’m staying at has really friendly guests and workers, so it’s been nice chatting with them and I’ve already met some good people!! I’ll keep you all posted.



Tags: ,

2 responses to “Finally Here!!”

  1. Mom says:

    It’s good to hear about some of your trip, since we have been playing phone tag! Sounds great can’t wait to see pictures.
    Love, mom

  2. Ralph says:

    Teal,

    Glad to read you made it. I, too, was truly amazed with the Phillipines and can’ wait to go back. Add my email addy so I can log in. What ever you do, register with the US embasy in what every country you’re in.

    Ralph

Leave a Reply