BootsnAll Travel Network



Glitch in the system

If any of you have tried to read my blog over the last few days (if you have – the cheque’s in the post – if you haven’t, I want full reasons, in writing, or a note from your mum), you might have noticed something strange going on. And indeed there was. The server at this blog site was (accidentally, obviously – I hope) wiped, without any record of any blogs after mid-August. This has caused no small amount of panic across the boards, and I admit I reverted to my usual drama queen ways. There were tears and tantrums, dear reader, and it wasn’t pretty. Fortunately, after a few harsh words from “friends” including terms such as “perspective”, “Oscar Annie”, and “much bigger problems in the world” (yeah, yeah, whatEVER), I got my sensible head on.

Thanks to my wonderful Uncle, who does truly sterling work in keeping my family website afloat (and if you’ll have been reading this any length of time, you’ll appreciate what a big, worldwide family it is, and how much work such a website would take), I’ve been able to retrieve my lost posts. Uncle Anthony had been copying and pasting all my blog entries on to a special section of www.Rhianva.org.uk, so I’ve been able to copy and paste them back here. Thankyou Uncle Anthony, as a thank you you can have the Mars Bar I gave away in an earlier competition but the winning answer has been lost into the ether, so it’s all yours!

What’s still missing, though, are all the wonderful comments people have made here in response to my blogs. I’m grateful anyone at all even reads this, let alone finds the time to comment, so I’m very sorry indeed that they’ve been lost – they always make me smile, often make me laugh, and never fail to make me feel loved, even such a big distance away from my family and friends. Thank you to all who comment, and those who read and don’t comment – it means so much. If any of you can find it in your hearts to repost comments to these blog entries, I’ll appreciate it forever and may even fork out for some more Mars Bars.



Tags:

One response to “Glitch in the system”

  1. Auntie Rosemary says:

    Hi Suze: Lovely to see your blog once more.
    How sad that parts of it were wiped out – but
    once again, Anthony to the rescue!! Hope you are well – your mum keeps us informed when she’s spoken to you. Thanks for those
    lovely purses/bags we’ll sort them out amongst the “girls”. Really missing you;
    Gabi is an altar server, and after Mass last night she asked if she could light a candle;
    she ended up with four candles!! one for Suzie, one for Bob, one for George (Sam’s auntie Ann’s dog who has recently passed on!!) and one for the family!! (her choice!!)
    Take care Suze – love and miss you
    Auntie Rosemary xxx Love to all in New Zealand xxxx

  2. Anthony says:

    I’m blushing. Just glad that I copied those last few entries on Thursday I was going to leave it until the weekend.

    Keep on trekking

    Anthony

    p.s. Ann is still jealous of your Dr Karl moment.

  3. Mum says:

    Suze, may I share the praise heaped upon my wonderful brother – after all, I taught him everything he knows (and Rosemary is responsible for all he doesn’t know)?

    Love you lots
    Mum

  4. LIN ROLSTON says:

    Hi Suzanne, what a wonderful and talented uncle you have, I never thought that I would enjoy a website so much especially being so far away. It really does bring us so close together. Remember, once Pete gets home you will probably think the he murdered me as I will disappear again when he monopolizes the computer. Still, until then, I will keep enjoying your blog.
    Seriously, I don’t know another family that is as close as Pete’s. I haven’t a clue where my cousins are and haven’t seen them since I was a child. This is a truly wonderful and blessed family, we are fortunate to belong to it. Even we in-laws are so included as part of it. Keep enjoying yourself. Love, Lin

  5. Claire Louise says:

    Hey Suze, what a worrying time for you before you realised those blogs had been saved elsewhere, i learnt from a similar experience with photographs when are computer got a virus and the hard drive had to be cleared completely and i lost some pictures, I now have them stored on two seperate websites ( one of them being flickr). Glad all is still going well and hopefully we can continue this journey with you without any further hiccups.. gabi said this morning, Mummy what will christmas be like without Suzie, i said it will be very sad as Auntie Clare won’t be there either.. I think we might have to cancel until you both home!!! Stay safe, lots of love CL x x

  6. Sarah says:

    Hurray!!!
    I’m so glad you’re back. I was worried you’d entered some sort of negative time warp and that before we knew it you’d be home again and we’d have to say the heartbreaking goodbyes all over again! Missed you though, and glad the adventure can pick up where we left off!
    Love you lots,
    Sarah xxx

  7. angela says:

    Hi Suze, nice to hear youre back on board,
    but have enjoyed seeing your name on the message board. Glad you enjoyed Australia, and great to meet the stars of Neighbours, the girl who plays Steph Scully is a very pretty girl, i agree.
    Hope you enjoy your stay in New Zealand,
    the Johnsons sound lovely people to know
    must go now, Love and God bless from Angela xxx

  8. Angela-E- says:

    Glad to have you back! I thought something was wrong with my computer! Australia sounds like a wonderful place and somewhere I would love to go……maybe one day!!!

    Take care xxx