BootsnAll Travel Network



Singapore Part I: Shanthony Detour #1

So, we were supposed to had over to Myanmar from Luang Prabang, but low and behold we encountered our first unexpected traveler’s bump in the road. Find out why we’re in Singapore

What Happened: We had paid the guesthouse in Vangvieng to have our Myanmar visas taken care of and delivered to a travel agent in Luang Prabang where we could pick them up the day before we were leaving for Myanmar. We even paid an extra USD10 to have them done a day earlier so as to maximize our time. Our passports arrive the morning that we are supposed to leave for Myanmar, a few hours before our flight is supposed to leave. The timing would have been great if we had actually gotten both visas. As it turns out Shan got her visa, but Anthony’s passport was rejected and he did not get a visa (luckily we got the visa application fee refunded to us).

Result: No Myanmar visa for Anthony, no trip to Myanmar. Thus, we’re now in Singapore for the week visiting Anthony’s cousin Becky who has been the best host and is taking spectactular care of us. Even though we’ve been diverted from Myanmar, we are THRILLED to be in Singapore with Becky and getting to spend time with her on her turf. After all, Singapore was on our itinerary later this spring but nothing like getting family time whenever you get a chance. True to Anthony’s mom’s life-long theory: Everything happens for a reason… and this time the reason was quality time with Becky. Yahoo! Thanks Becky!!

– Shan

Shanthony & Becky @ in front of the merlion



Tags: , , ,

4 Responses to “Singapore Part I: Shanthony Detour #1”

  1. Jim Miskel Says:

    Anthony, Shan,

    Kalen and I are sitting in Rhode Island reading your blog. Shame about Myanmar. Must be Anthony’s shady past preventing him from getting the green light.

    Enjoy the trip, we’re jealous.

    Jim

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Mom Says:

    Yes, everything happenns for a reason, but also We have to trust the process with faith.
    Love this emails and the whole enchilada. big Kiss, Mom

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Mary Mc Says:

    Hi Anthony and Shan,
    Anthony, your mom shared the blog info with me. Your trip sounds fabulous. It fun to read about all your adventures. Nothing like keeping an open diary of your events. Keep up the blog.-Mary McElroy

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. Connie May Says:

    Dear honeymooners,
    Thanks so much for sharing all this with us. Little did I know when Martha, Jim and Anthony came into my life way back in 1980 that I would be still connected by way of this wonderful site. I will keep checking in on how things are going for you.
    Love,
    Connie May

  8. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply