BootsnAll Travel Network



Guns of Brixton

No, I didn’t get help up at gunpoint; it’s a song by The Clash, and the source of my only knowledge of Brixton, the area in SE London that saw race riots in the 70’s. After a rainy walk, I arrived at Plan B, a “bar” by European standards, although it would definitely be considered a “club” in America. The techno was thumping, and I realized it was exactly like I pictured a club in Europe would be. Lots of people on exotic drugs and expensive drinks with blown eardrums. All in all, I managed to have a good time.

Woke up to rain. Fish & chips for lunch. Today might be a wash; I’m thinking about seeing a movie. Lindsay has a few friends from Jersey coming into town today — BU girls (SED ’98, for those who are in the know). It figures.

Also, I am happy to report that I went the entire vacation without eating in any American chain restaurants. McDonald’s owns the world, and Londoners can’t seem to get enough of Subway and KFC.



Tags: ,

0 responses to “Guns of Brixton”

  1. OneDotOh says:

    Welcome home, guy!
    Fans across the USA are glad you found your way back.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *