BootsnAll Travel Network



¡España!

Hey all, I hope you are all doing well. We have finally made it to Spain, YAY! Our time in Morocco finished up well, but Em and I were certainly excited to change things up a bit…mainly we were quite excited to no longer get harrassed as we walked down the street.

Our last couple days in Morocco werent super eventful, we hightailed it out of El Jadida, and then spent a day in Rabat, which was actually pretty nice. The city itself reminded me of Madrid, and there were some cool things to see. We explored some roman ruins that overlooked some beautiful countryside. They were also chock full of enourmous stork nests! I have never seen so many storks…I actually dont know if Ive ever seen one, but here there were tons. There was also a masoleum and some beautiful views of the sea. It unfortunately also showcased the annoying men we´d been having trouble with, as no more then fifty feet from the mosque some middle aged man, walking with his wife, still insisted hitting on us as we walked past…Seriously! 

All in all though, Morocco is an incredibly beautiful country, and Im so glad I had the chance to see it.

For now though, ESPAÑA! I´m SO excited to be back in my old stomping grounds. Its great to actually be able to understand whats going on again, read menus and ask for directions and such. We started our trip in Madrid, and Alex has also joined our little party, which I am very excited about. 🙂  We had a decent time in the capital, but things were a little more hectic then I would have liked. Lots of running errands and trying to figure out the next leg of our trip, standing in lines to buy tickets and finding out tickets arent available and such. Apparently Semana Santa makes things insanely more diffficult. We are now not going to make it to Granada for now and are taking a 14 hour bus ride to Barcelona, barf. 

But the good in Madrid, excellent tapas, sangria, and shopping! I am no longer the good backpacker I was with only 4 shirts and two pairs of pants…shoot. H&M kind of did me in. I just couldnt resist. I also loved being in the bustle of the city again, and all the beautiful buildings.  We also made a trip out to El Escorial and Valle de Los Caidos, some wonderful monuments out in the more mountain countryside.

At the moment we are in Sevilla, and Ive had about 3 hours of sleep on an overnight bus, we are waiting for our hostel room to be ready, so if the post isnt the best, my apologies.  But just from walking around this moring, sevilla is way more awesome then I remember, and I am really excited to see the sights I missed out before. And we are here for the big semana santa festival, and from the looks of the preparations, its going to be a pretty huge deal to see. For now, its time to try and get some more sleep. We have till friday here and then off to Barcelona.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *