BootsnAll Travel Network



General Update -nearly a year in South America

Mel and Mick Aconcagua sign.jpg 

Aconcagua in ‘summer’ – April 2006. 

Aconcagua_ Mick and Mel.JPG

Aconcagua in winter – September 2005.

 

This is the new website for now, the other was becoming a bit hard to manage and the ease of writing in these blogs may mean that we update it more than about once every 6 months! We’ll try to bring a fair bit of the info, photos etc from the other page and post to this also.

The last few months have seen us on a hiking trip down to Bariloche; a (too) short trip up to Lima to see MelB; some exploring and biking in the rainforests around Tucumán, attending a small town baptism and 2 roadtrips down to the Mendoza region (check out the pages in the right column for these trips). Oh and somewhere in there we have been working also….We are now on a fantastic 8 days on/6 days off roster at work which gives us plenty of time to travel around the country.

Also, for anyone we haven’t told yet we got engaged the other day. All good. No date yet, we’ll have to figure out where we will be in the next year or so first….

Hope everyone in Australia, Canada etc. is well. Drop us a line if you can, leave a comment on this page, or better still if you’re planning a holiday come and see us!

Chao,

Mick and Mel

 

 



Tags: , , , , , , ,

5 Responses to “General Update -nearly a year in South America”

  1. Trent Says:

    Hi Mel & Mick,
    Congratulations on the engagement! Great to hear things are going so well. Would love to get over and check out Sth America, but I fear we’ll have to live the experience vicariously through your web site… at least in the short term.
    Trent, Mary and Harry

  2. Posted from Australia Australia
  3. Andrew Says:

    Hi Mick and Mel,

    Well, fantastic effort with this page i reckon, I look forward to checking out all your travels and thinking of where we should head off next.

    Congrats on the engagement, all very exciting.

    Cheers,

    Andrew
    aka. Lauee.

  4. Posted from France France
  5. The favourite aunt Says:

    Congrats M&M on the wonderful wonderful news of your engagement. Getting the garden ready for your wedding!
    Love your site.
    Be happy.
    Luv from the favourite aunt

  6. Posted from Australia Australia
  7. Dan Brearley Says:

    Hey Guys,
    Congrats on the engagement!!!
    Looks like you are having a Splendid time, and a am green with envy on the 8/6 roster, how did ya score that!!!!
    Keep up the great work on the website, hot stuff.
    Am tyring to angle my way to your neck of the woods and will be bound to say g’day if I get there.

    Take it easy.
    Dan
    PS Mel I am in France for Tony Curtis’s wedding….

  8. Posted from Italy Italy
  9. The favourite aunt Says:

    Hi Mick ‘n Mel – starting to get really cold here on the Hay Plains. Heard the family had a great time with you, with a few ‘incidents’ – that’s what makes a memorable holiday. We’re off to Japan next month, trying to sell Dorpers in Hokkaido so will be looking forward to the northern summer. Would have loved to detour via Sth America, but still feeding sheep so need to hotfoot home.
    Hope to catch up next time you’re back in Oz.
    Luv, from your favourite aunt.

  10. Posted from Australia Australia

Leave a Reply