BootsnAll Travel Network



Sukhothai – Day 10

Didn’t sleep as badly as I expected last night on that slab of concrete the hotel dared to call a bed. Went out this morning to look for somewhere to eat breakfast and found a great café with an extensive breakfast menu. I had an amazing blueberry smoothie for 35B.

Back at the ‘hotel’ I met an Irish couple who were also heading to Sukhothai, we decided to walk to the bus stop to save some money, since none of us had a map we followed directions a Thai woman gave us. Of course the bus stop was much further than any of us expected and it turned out to be a good 40 minute walk. I collapsed in a heap at the bus stop because I had my big pack with me and it was easily 32*c.

Very few people in this town speak English; hence we could not attain from anyone which bus we were supposed to be catching. After watching 4 or 5 buses go by we began to wonder if we should be doing something differently. Not the case, because the next bus pulled up and a woman jumped out pointed to us, then to the bus and said “Sukhothai, Sukhothai, Sukhothai”. Where else would a group of foreigners be going other than where every other foreigner has gone in the past?

Bus to Sukhothai

In Sukhothai I had no problems getting to J&J Guesthouse, which is gorgeous. I have my own bungalow with bathroom for 250B a night (cold water though). Since it was already 1:30 I made the decision to go to the old city tomorrow and have a lazy day walking around the town for a few hours. Stopped at a restaurant on the walk home for a drink, I ended up with a pineapple smoothie which was fresh pineapple juice blended with ice. Walked back to the same restaurant later that night for dinner where I had noodle soup with chicken and vegetables as well as 2 incredibly potent blue Hawaiian cocktails, at $2 each how could I resist???



Tags:

One response to “Sukhothai – Day 10”

  1. Hanumann says:

    In my opinion, J & J Guesthouse is one of the best I’ve seen in Thailand. Clean, quiet, well set up rooms with place to hang up clothes and competitive rates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *