BootsnAll Travel Network



Still in BKK – Day 5

I saw my first car crash today as I was walking to the skytrain. 2 4×4’s collided in the middle of the road, not quite head on. its no wonder really given that the middle lane between the traffic is treated as a ‘free for all, either direction, give way only to anything bigger’ lane. A big crown formed to check out the commotion and all the sales people left their little stalls to have a good look. It is slightly confidence inspiring that people were interested since it suggests a degree of rarity.

Took a combination of the skytrain and the river boats to get to the national museum, even though I had to go a long way out of the way. It’s always much cheaper than tuk tuk or taxi and I’m sick of fighting with tuk tuk drivers over the price. Museum was huge and I spent a long time wandering around reading about Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. They were particularly interesting since I will be visiting those places in the next week.

Just one of the 120,000 stary dogs in Bangkok, this one was quite happily asleep on the chairs at the docks.

Stray Dog

On the skytrain home I decided to take a detour and check out the new shopping centre. I discovered today that it doesn’t matter which country I’m in, I will always be my mother daughter and putting me in a brand new hopping centre with designer fashions and telling me not to spend any money is like taking a child to a fun park and telling them they cant go on any rides or eat any junk food. The centre was amazing, beautifully designed and the shop line up was fabulous, D&G, Gucci, Pucci, Mulberry, Hermes, Prada. Chanel, Chloe, Cartier, Paul Smith, Versace, Armani, Ferregamo…etc. Majority of the shops weren’t open but hopefully by they will be by the time I come back through BKK. The department store in the middle of the centre was open though and they had so many gorgeous things. However, it was packed with people spending every cent they owned and the queues at the cashier were at least 10 people deep. People were wandering around with 10 or 15 bags.

Shopping Centre

Shopping Centre

I also got to see a few fashion shows for the new season because they held a parade in the centre and they had models standing around everywhere like mannequins holding handbags etc. Since it was the first day they remained open until 11pm, but I left at 9 after the shows and went home for dinner.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *