BootsnAll Travel Network



Got the BUG

… and I’m not talking about about the travel bug! Yes, I have paid the price for drinking water from a glass rather than from a bottle.

The train ride was long and sleep deprived one. Those twinges turned into all out cramps and cold sweats. After several trips to the train loo I finally acknowledged to myself that I have the bug. I bought an omelette from a platform vendor in the morning, had one small bite and threw away the rest. Dry biscuits are about as much as I could handle. It’s not fun arriving in a strange city when under the weather.

Apart from the bug, main things that struck me were: smoke haze, low leggy looking bushes, a few hills here and there, coffee and chai vendors and beggars at each stop.

My taxi driver took me to a an out-of-the-way guesthouse in Colaba and there I stayed until 9am the next morning. I have been for a few walks each day since, getting my bearings and working out how to recognise different places and shops. Finally today I have managed to catch up on the blog and upload some pictures from Bangkok and Hyderabad.

I found a copy of the book I want to get for Marcos but it is a hardcover – I’m pretty sure you need the paperback one right?, with a plastic cover?!?

Haven’t taken any pictures since Hyderabad so you will have to wait until the next post for Mumbai pictures. There aren’t any from the train ride – next time!!



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Got the BUG”

  1. riki says:

    glad your bug seems to have grown legs and left the building??? keep looking for yoghurt. If at a loss for yoghurt, give yourself a little raw garlic poisoning. The Allicin in it will calm your bowels and help sort out the flora from the fauna. You won’t make too many close friends during this time but better than naught. R.

  2. Kelly says:

    Hey Mim, hope you’re feeling better… I’ve been checking for your next instalment so hopefully the “deli Belly” doesn’t keep you down too long, Kelly K

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *