BootsnAll Travel Network



The other Bombay

After being sucked into Goa decided that I would spend my last few days in India back here instead of trying to race around Kerala and Bangalore. I’ll save them for another time. In the mean time, here I have done a little shopping (and I mean Little) and lots more walking around. The first time here I was fairly overwhelmed by the people and that was all I saw – lots and lots of people in my face all the time. This time I’ve been able to see past that.

Now I see tree-lined avenues hugged by beautiful old buildings. Some of the buildings have these quaint little verandahs pegged onto the upper floors. I now realise that I have been staying amongst beautiful buildings such as the State Library, the Mint, the Reserve Bank, Society of Natural History, various Banks, impressive squares with fountains in the centre and just the building across the street or on the corner. At street level you don’t get to see much that is interesting but when you get a chance to stand back and look up – there it is.

I’m glad I found this other Bombay.



Tags: , , ,

One response to “The other Bombay”

  1. Mum says:

    Origin 1 – Half time, Maroons 6, Blues 18. Final score Maroons 25, Blues 18

  2. Mum says:

    About time we heard from you again, this news is getting stale. You must be due back in Thailand about now.nrDad’s birthday today. Sue & Keith should be in Cairns now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *