BootsnAll Travel Network



Cutting away at Mountains

Aurangabad – India’s answer to Mt Isa – climate-wise. It was hot and dry. I arrived about 9am and took a rickshaw straight to a hotel and booked in. Even before I got to the hotel I had rickshaw and Taxi drivers hassling about going to Ellora or Ajanta and giving prices. After booking in I went to my room and hotel staff were calling to ask if I wanted to book to see the caves.

After settling in I wanted to go to the post office to send some books to La Plata. So I ventured outside. On my way out the hotel staff asked again if I wanted to make some arrangements to see the caves. I started walking towards the Post Office and a few rickshaw drivers started bidding against each other over taking me to the caves. In the end I got one to take me to the Post office and Ellora for less than $9.00. That was about 4 hours of his day. The caves were interesting – similar to Elephanta, just lots more of them. They didn’t catch my attention as much as the family of huge monkeys that were roaming about above us.

I decided to spend another day in Aurangabad to look around but I didn’t get too far – I desperately need a decent hat. It was just too hot to do anything during the day. The next day I was out of there. Bus to Poona, then another sleeper bus to Goa. During the trip to Poona we passed through a few showers and very few people in the bus closed their window – it was so nice and cool. Kids were squealing with joy at getting wet. The Monsoon is not far off.

Ellora 2

Aurangabad



Tags:
,

2 responses to “Cutting away at Mountains”

  1. Mum says:

    You are certainly getting around the country. Hope there are lots of interesting things business wise, for you to look at.

  2. karen says:

    Can we please have alittle more detail, I know your busy but it keeps us entertained.nrthanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *