BootsnAll Travel Network



The Pichefying of Brendan, and the Powelling of Mel

 Half of Brel deconstructing his sandwich a la Piche

With two years of dating behind us, and this many months of intensive dating via travelling, it was only a matter of time before we would start to become each other.  Yes, groan away, we’re going to give details. Ways in which Brendan has been Pichefied:

  • Has made a habit of turning sound effects into words. For example: “We went woosh down the slide.” Sorry UCC, guess a good private school education only lasts until your Old Boys meet a girl from Espanola.
  • Tends to anthropormorphize everything. Words like “it” and “that” are no longer necessary when everything is “him” and “that guy.”
  • Brendan now nags Mel about cleaning, doing the laundry and doing the dishes. [Although it seems to have no effect – B] Albeit grudgingly, has also been known to clean the toilet immediately after use– in a hotel.
  • Working for a living. For real. Writing, making money and having a BOSS.
  • Increased stubbornness and pig-headedness are witnessed on a regular basis.

 Ways in which Mel has been Powelled:

  • Hang-gliding, para-gliding, caving – need we say more?
  • Eating eggs no longer considered extreme eating. Random and local foods are now a part of regular diet.
  • Knows the meaning of the word “anthropomorphize.”
  • Employment now considered optional. Living in a foreign country on Canadian currency starting to seem like a reasonable idea.
  • 10 o’clock wake-ups – completely normal.
  • Increased stubbornness and pig-headedness are witnessed on a regular basis.

 And so, if you ever wonder if Brel really exists, trust us – in scary and disturbing ways, Brel is alive and well. 



Tags: ,

One Response to “The Pichefying of Brendan, and the Powelling of Mel”

  1. FROOTS Says:

    Gee – I never knew what you guys meant when I would hear things like CENSORED BY BREL for a Mega M&M”

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply