BootsnAll Travel Network



Just think of us as coming from the Land of Chocolate…

 Mel in her happy place

Bariloche, in northern Patagonia, Argentina, is home to more than 50 artesan chocolate shops and over a dozen microbreweries.

How do you spell Brel heaven? B-A-R-I-L-O-C-H-E.

Set amidst the Andes, Bariloche is also a world-reknowned ski destination. Though it isn´t ski season yet, the mountains are snow-capped and it´s -2 degrees Celsius. We´ve clearly left our bikinis and Havaianas behind, and for the first time in a long time, are longing for Canadian weather. Is the Foggy Dew patio open yet?

Bariloche is a great town with a great vibe, and deserves a much longer visit than we have planned. The chocolate shops provide free samples, the micro-brew is $2, and fondue is served everywhere. We love fondue. And chocolate. And beer, of course.

And for those of you who caught the Homer Simpson quote in this blog´s title, here´s the link to that famous scene where Homer visits the Land of Chocolate…an inspiration to us all…

Barilochebariloche-031.jpgB and the AndesWe actually have photos of Mel in front of dozens of chocolate places…



Tags: ,

One Response to “Just think of us as coming from the Land of Chocolate…”

  1. melanie Says:

    I did, in fact, have a lunchtime beer on the dew patio just yesterday. Thought of you. Got a little teary actually. If I had known you were in the land of Chocolate and beer…

Leave a Reply