BootsnAll Travel Network



On The Vagabonding Trail. . . . .?

This blog is called “Mark’s Vagabonding Blog” and, honestly, so far I feel I have not done much vagabonding or growing. Yes, for more than a month I have been a world removed from my home, but for the most part, I have been staying comfortably with June. Someone whom I have initially known from home, but who lives here in Thailand. I have stayed in a few hostels, and have been on my own a little, but I still haven’t met, or barely even spoken to, any other travelers. I also haven’t done much but go to malls and street markets, and I have been in Bangkok way too long. I’ve been in Bangkok so long, I even feel comfortable here on my own now. And since I’ve been out of the hospital, and June’s been back from Lampang, I’ve stayed with her every day. Partly because it was easy and comfortable, and we had fun, and partly because she wants to be with me all the time, and worries about me being on my own.

But the whole idea of this trip for me was to experience the vagabonding trail on my own, and grow from the experience. “Find myself” if you will. Well, today, for that, and other reasons, we decided it was time for me to get on my own again. So I am here at the internet cafe across the street from her apartment, about to venture on my own again. She is at her voice lesson.

I still haven’t looked for a hostel yet, and it is Saturday, a tough time to find a hostel with an openeing. So I will try to get out of here soon. In a couple of days I think I will head south to the beautiful beaches of Thailand. I only have about 2 1/2 more weeks left in Thailand before I have to move on to another country.

But first here are a couple of pictures:

June and I went to see a documentary called Innocence. Click on the link to see all about it. It was playing at the Lido Theater at Siam Square in Bangkok, and the filmmakers were on hand to lend support to the cause.

June with Nisa Kongsri, one of the film makers of the documentary Innocence. June is the one with the glasses.
June With Nisa Kongsri

June with Areeya Chumsai, one of the filmmakers of the documentary Innocence. Areeya was also Miss Thailand: 1994.
June With Areeya Chumsai

It is inspiring to me as a one time filmmaking hopeful that this movie was made. Areeya visited this school a few years ago, and knew immediately the story should be told through film. With no filmmaking background, she searched for someone to help her make the movie. She found Nisa and the two of them, basically alone, with a camera, made the film. I hope something inspires this much to get me out with my camera and produce a film of importance of my own.

Okay, hopefully the next post on Mark’s Vagabonding Blog will be about a vagabonding adventure somewhere on a beach in southern Thailand.

Mark



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “On The Vagabonding Trail. . . . .?”

  1. My recommendation:

    Head on over to Sai Tai Mai (I think that was it, the southern bus terminal) take a 1st or 2nd class night bus to Krabi (avoid VIP), catch the truck bus thingy to Ao Nang for like 30B, and then take a long tail to Ton Sai. Hire a guide to do some rock climbing or just make the short hike over to Phra Nang beach for some swimming.

    Hope you find the adventure you’re looking for!

  2. Stephen says:

    Living and learning are what you make of it. No matter, if you are alone or with someone – You said it yourself you haven’t talk to anyone – But you do have June – being alone is not all that – Live – Learn and Share – It all helps you grow.
    P.S. – you are a bum – go to the beach and enjoy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *