BootsnAll Travel Network



Pulau Perhentians Kecil (small island)

SunriseLong Beach was beautiful at sunrise. The water was warmer than a bath, but a beautiful turquoise green. It’s too bad that I went to Gili Trawangan so early in my Island tour through SE Asia. When you start with your favorite island it’s just so difficult for any island to compare favorably. It’s sorta like meeting the love of your life, leaving her shores and trying to find another that has nice islets, long curving beaches, a couple good sized mountains, good fresh seafood, a relaxed feel yet a healthy bit of sophistication and doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Come to think of it, islands and women have a lot in common. Now I just have to find the right island with the right woman and I will have my paradise. (Thailand, here I come!)

That said, let me introduce you to a nice girl at the wrong time, Pulau Perhentian. She has beautiful beaches with soft yellow sand, great snorkeling where you can see hundreds of multi-coloured (translated for my English/Aussie friends) fish, sharks, octopus, and vibrant coral reefs. Her only problem is that she has crappy accomodations at expensive prices. She can’t cook but costs a lot and the worst is that beers are almost the same as 1 night’s accomodation on the love of my life. She certainly was fun, but I knew it wasn’t going to last. I only stayed 6 days with her and had to leave. One can only take so much of beautiful beaches, turqoise waters, good volleyball, good snorkeling and beautiful women.

Although, I have to say that the ample supply of beautiful women kept me on the island longer than I would have without them. We met these great girls from Slovenia on our second night on the island and ended up spending most of the rest of our time with them partying ’til dawn. Hey Anja, Alja and Eva! Hope ur having fun in Bali!

Alja, Ray, Anja Eva and Ray


Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *