BootsnAll Travel Network



We’re in London…

Hello All.. It’s Saturday evening, and we walked past an internet place, so I thought I’d write a quick bit. We flew into London Friday morning, checked into our hostel, and walked and bussed around London. Then we went back to the hostel and SLEPT! Neither of us got much sleep on the plane, so we were very tired. We slept for about four hours, and then went out to find a bite to eat at a nearby pub. After eating we walked around a bit more a stopped in at a couple more pubs.

Today, we went up in the London Eye; essentially, it’s a huge bicycle wheel that acts as a ferris wheel — only the cars are big glass bubbles that hold 20ish people. The thing ran into a bit of a problem apparently, and after waiting in the car half way up to the top for a half hour or so, they had to reverse the wheel and bring us back. They told us we could get a refund or come back later. We were going to get a refund, but the line was super long, so we decided to come back later. When we did, the line for the wheel was really short, so we did the full ride. It was pretty cool, being way above Big Ben and being able to look over London.

Dan taking over this next part…
We then went for a boat ride on the Thames. On the way to this boat ride (we rode the bus there), we saw a farmers market. It was jammed with people. We would later come back and buy some stuff for lunch here. The sights on the boat ride were fantastic with every kind of architecture imaginable. The “tour” was mediocre. The guy barely spoke at all. Anyway, after that, we went back to the market and then on to the Tower of London. It is really expensive to get into it. I contented myself by walking almost completely around it and getting a map at the giftshop.

The next stop…The National Gallery at Trafalgar Square. Lots of art for FREE. Deal!! It was a very nice exhibit.

On to Soho! We stopped at a couple of bars and found a bite to eat in this area. Very trendy and cool.

We’ll be in London until Tuesday morning, when we take a train north to York. The plan is to stay a couple nights in York, a couple nights in Edinburgh, Scotland, and then work on an organic farm through the WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) program in northern Scotland for a week. We’ll travel to and spend a week in Ireland before heading to Wales to work a week on a farm there. October 1st, we’ll leave the British Isles for Belgium.

Tim



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *