BootsnAll Travel Network



Salzburg

We left Rothenburg Friday morning and arrived in Salzburg in the afternoon.  Friday evening we walked across the river to the Old Town, where we walked through yet more Christmas markets and drank more glühwein and ate Nürnburger sausages and sauerkraut on a hard roll.  We toured the Salzburg Cathedral and walked through more of the old town.

 Today we did the almost-obligatory “Sound of Music” tour.  It was expensive, but our guide gave us good information comparing and contrasting the movie with reality as well as historical information surrounding the setting of the movie.  Plus, we got to see areas outside of Salzburg that we otherwise wouldn’t have seen.

I’m going to keep this short, for now.  More later.

 Tim



Tags:

One response to “Salzburg”

  1. Jackie says:

    Hi Tim and Dan,
    It is so much fun reading about all of your adventures – thanks for sharing! Rothenburg and Salzburg sound so cool…and the Sound of Music tour also. I love that movie – it’s one of my favorites 🙂
    We are all thinking about both of you and are SO happy that you’re having such a wonderful experience!
    We miss you and love you lots!!
    Jackie

  2. Brenda says:

    I bet you thought about us singing “So Long Farwell” around the campfire while you were on the Sound of Music tour!!! 🙂

    It is busy, busy here!! Can’t believe that Christmas is only one week away! YIKES! I haven’t even made one cookie yet. We need to have another cookie baking day again next year!!

    We miss you guys ton! Blessings to both of you!

    Love,

    Brenda

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *