BootsnAll Travel Network



Preparing for Lift Off!!!

So…. About 3 years in the making, God knows how long in the planning, notice handed in at work and a flat in London sold….I’m here, ready…well, maybe!

A little rushed in the end you could say, but I guess that gives me no time to actually think about what I’m leaving behind and only time to think about what is to come! I quit my job in May (my first day of unemployment was my birthday, now that sucks as a birthday present!) with hopes that my flat would sell pretty soon after. It didn’t! 3 months of doing, well, basically nothing, later and I finally managed to leave London behind and start getting a little trip to Europe underway.

It’s been less than 2 weeks since the flat sold and I leave in 2 days! Now that’s hardly ample preparation time but, hey, I think I have my bases covered. YHA card, train ticket, clothes and money are sorted so I guess there’s still time to make any last ditch purchases that were forgotten!

So, I guess you want to know a plan of sorts…. I have one, oh yes! A good one? Maybe….I’ll tell you in a month’s time! Here goes… 1 month…. I kick off in Lille, France for 2 days just to unwind a little before the big cities, then onto Paris, Perpignon, Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Milan(?), Venice, Munich, Prague(?), somehow to Amsterdam and home from Brussels. I’m not sure how many days in any places (except Lille) and if it will al work but it’s a start and, of course, “subject to change”.

So, wish me luck as Europe beckons!!!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *