BootsnAll Travel Network



tidbits

I forgot a couple things – I saw a very cute dog that was a cross between a pom and a jack russel – so it didn’t have the bizarre face of a pom, but it had a cute tail and fur. The queen was very good – I think the costar who plays Blair is being overlooked for awards – he was really good. As was Helen Mirren (duh). And we got the 300 trailer, which seems to be the only trailer in Ireland (not to mention wildly inappropriate for the crowd going to see the Queen). Aside from a couple over the top lines, I think Im pretty excited for it. It looks very cool… (update: AICN gives thumbs up to 300, and to both Joshua and Snow Angels. So along with the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and the Fountain, I’ve got quite few must see movies for 2007. Aww – Lost is starting back up tonight! What will happen with Skate? Will Michael ever come back? Will they ever stop killing THREATENED POLAR BEARS?!?!)

I got lunch at a cute pub called the Laurels today. Not brilliant food, but friendly. Whenever the rain lets up I’ll take some photos of the city.

Hmm… there are no buses running to Glengarriff (unless I feel like swinging by Cork, no thank you). Bugger. Maybe I’ll just stay here. Kristl comes back on Friday and I can call for advice then… Ah well – I’m going to go dry out and read my book.

Awwww…. From EW:
Harry Potter is going to die! Says author J.K. Rowling: “I’m mourning.” Now, relax: It’s not what you think. There’s still no word on what will become of our favorite wiz kid in his series’ final installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which goes on sale July 21. But his creator did announce on her website today that she has finally finished writing, thus ending what the AP described as “one of the great phenomena of literary history.”

Corrinne Bailey Rae (radio)



Tags:

Comments are closed.