BootsnAll Travel Network



Things I’m looking forward to

Okay – I’m mostly just excited to see more of NZ and I’m not really thinking about headed home yet, but… I’m not going to have a chance to post this right before going home. And travel can help you appreciate the best of back home. So. Things I can’t wait for back home: jeans and real clothes, books that cost less than $30, my own bed (well, that’ll have to wait a while), a laptop, my ITUNES. Catching up on my favorite shows (Did Greg keep working CSI? What’s up with Jim and Pam?!!!), real guacamole, bagels (although I think Chch is leading the way on close to home food), TRADER JOES (and whole foods, and many brands of tofu meats), SF weather, subscribing to EW, eventually moving all of my stuff into my own place (ok – this may take a while but its a dream I’ve had ever since I was a little girl and it’ll be REALLY EXCITING when it finally happens), paying off the tail end of this trip, no longer using power adaptors/converters/ being really afraid of frying my stupid electronics, The Dickens’ Faire (and their fish and chips), Christmas at Davies Symphony Hall, Nachos from Ocean Taqueria, REAL HONEST TO GOD SOURDOUGH FROM BOUDIN and JAMBA JUICE. That’s all I can think of right now. Oh! Jewelry and beauty products. And jeans. Did I mention those? Oh! And things not being closed on the weekend.

Vid for this one; Rufus doing Judy doing San Francisco.

Still to post; my final travel mix and my packing list. But I need to go eat dinner now. Maybe in Auckland? Or between other travel posts?



Tags:

0 responses to “Things I’m looking forward to”

  1. Karen says:

    Rufus seems amusing, but he doesn’t really have Judy down. I suggest you watch Connie Champagne. She used to appear at Davies, singing for the Christmas specials. She’s done one-woman shows. She’s brilliant. Judy Davis also did a fab movie. Spot on.

    The best part of the song is about “the bridge across the bay”; which the GG isn’t…snark.

    Anyway, you can do Jamba, Trader J.’s, Whole Foods, and all the clothes things in Boston. Sorry about the weather…