BootsnAll Travel Network



Stuff

I am really bad at coming up with blog titles. But not much has been going on. Sunday night, K and I made egg nog from scratch – it was delicious, and we decorated her house’s tree for the holidays (I’m sort of surprised the garlands came out straight). Monday was a really good night in tips, although it was pretty busy for a Monday. Liz was on too, which was fun, and I think Gavin might have been fired. Still – we need the staff going into the holidays.

Yesterday I went to the tax office, did some shopping (got a new DVD player for the apartment and travel iPod speakers, still need new socks), met up with Kristl, downloaded the last 2 episodes of Lost (watching them tomorrow – it was SO HARD not to watch the 6th one last night out of order), set up a library account (and bonded with the reference librarian over Sandman – he was super cool – we ended up talking about the movie chances of Watchmen), set up a DVD rental account at Xtravision (I kind of miss netflix – it is so much more brilliant than the system they’ve got over here), got Chinese and watched Friends with Gisele and Pirates of the Carribean 2 with Lena. Stayed up listening to my iPod and reading Mill on the Floss. And then my iPod ran out of FRICKIN BATTERIES. And now it won’t turn on. I’ve left it to charge while I go to work tonight, but I am so, SO scared it isn’t going to turn on again.

Watched the Wind that Shakes the Barley this morning. It’s really, really brilliant and Cillian Murphy is really fantastic in it. It is really tough watching in parts, but I completely agree it deserved the palme d’or. Lots of gorgeous Irish scenery, too.

I woke up yesterday wanting to go to the Dickens fair. And (when my iPod is working) I forgot to put my Christmas music on it – that was driving me nuts. Sheesh. I know that hearing Britten at Kristl’s concert is going to make me want to hear the girls chorus do it.
Tomorrow I’m doing laundry and some quick shopping, watching Lost, and going out for a proper Christmas party/night on the town with Kristl’s housemates. Should be a LOT of fun – dinner and lots and lots of dancing.

There’s so much to do, and as it gets colder I just want to curl up at home with a book instead of running errands or sightseeing. Ack.



Tags:

0 responses to “Stuff”

  1. Ross says:

    I’ll send you plenty of photos of Dickens Fair. I’m headed out to SF for a week and a bit, 16th until the day after Christmas, actually. Then packing, organizing, and off to Leeds. I’ll arrive in UK on January 14h and the program starts the 15th. Classes start the 22nd.

    Trying to convince dad I don’t need a meal plan. But he’s going to chip in on a new computer, so I can’t fault him. Mine is almost a decade young, or will be in a month…And I need a laptop for classes, portability and such.

    Glad to hear things are rolling along nicely out there. I’ll give you a call sometime this upcoming weekend.

  2. admin says:

    Ooh – do. And say hi to all the Dillons for me. Whoops – I sent part of your xmas gift to mom – can she get it to you?

    How’s the visa stuff going? A meal plan can be helpful – especially if you’ve had a long day and don’t feel like cooking. Yay for the new laptop! Let me know what kind you get (make sure you get a student discount when you buy it!) Are you getting a Mac?

    I’m working all weekend, so I don’t know if you can catch me this weekend (5 hr time difference, and I start work at 5, 4 on Sunday). But I would love to hear from you! I’m also off all tuesday.

    Yay! I’ll see you in February! (Or March…) What classes are you taking at Leeds?