BootsnAll Travel Network



Odds and ends

Ireland isn’t showing the oscars live. Bitches. And in the UK tomorrow I’ll only be able to get the highlights show. Thrillsville. So I don’t think it’s even worth holing up in a b&b somewhere to watch them a day late. Sheesh. South Africa showed them live and they started even later there. Maybe I can borrow K’s computer and read the liveblogs – but those are often funny responses to the show – not really covering the news of the show. And it just isn’t the same either way.
2 things I forgot to mention – when I was eating in the pub in Wicklow, I finished my entire meal an hour later, looked up, and saw the makiest deer head above me. It was ratty and covered in cobwebs, and I don’t know how I missed its presence for the entire time I was eating. Also – Kristl thinks the gorgeous RTE producer looks like an extra in Pirates of the Caribbean. I don’t see the problem there.

I got to Kiely’s at 2 yesterday, and was lucky to get 1 chair at the bar, nowhere near a tv. People must’ve gotten tables when they opened. We won – it was a lot of fun. Reinhold, Noel, Megan and Kristl watched with me. Then we went to Cafe bar deli for food, humphrey’s and a quick stop at McSorely’s (lots of singing the Irish rugby song and the fields of Athenrei (?)). Walking into Humphrey’s they had a big tv up with Henry Ian Cusick on (meaning the new series of Lost), and I had to try very hard not to watch and get any clue early. Got back to the house about 2, went to bed. Was woken up at 5am until 7am by Mags’ unbelievably rude friends. I was not in a great mood when I went to bed (I was getting to the point at the end of the evening where I realized, much I as I really like Ireland, I need to get the hell out of here) and I am in an even worse mood this morning. I feel bad, as its kind of my last time with kristl, apart from the play – which I now wish I wasn’t going to (that’ll change, I’m sure), but I really can’t help it. I WANT TO LEAVE!!! And watch the oscars. Watching the oscars would mitigate my bad mood. Grrrrrrr.

Perfect drug – NIN



Tags:

Comments are closed.