BootsnAll Travel Network



Melbourne! (A very Eddie day)

So – I got up ungodly early to catch my bus to Melbourne yesterday. The ride itself was very nice. They put on a couple of films (My super ex-girlfriend, which you would think would’ve been saved by the presence of Eddie Izzard and Rainn Wilson, but you’d be wrong, and Zathura, which I turned up my ipod to drown out).

*Forgot to mention earlier: besides lots of nice scenery we passed a couple of interesting landmarks. The first was a farm complex with a large, and quite realistic, dinosaur out front. Tres bizarre. The next was a giant koala, about 30ft. high, fashioned out of what looked like mud. Very king kong.*
Was a complete wreck when I got in, took a shower, watched some how I met your mother, and went out to see Oceans 13 (it opened yesterday in Oz). So – I only walked about 10 blocks to go see it, but my path took me across a river, and with the city all lit up at night, it was absolutely magical. I think I’m going to like Melbourne a lot.

The movie itself was good – a perfect summer flick. You don’t quite get the big payoff for the crew at the end, but watching them pull off their stunt is fun, and the audience was laughing more than at any other movie I’ve seen in a while (maybe since little miss sunshine?). Of course, I was thrilled to see Eddie Izzard pop up – even if he only gets a couple good lines in.

Anyways, slept in this morning; I think my clock is set wrong, because it is suddenly lunchtime. I’m going to go find food and go to some of the parks around town.



Tags:

Comments are closed.