BootsnAll Travel Network



Love you, mean it.

Okay – I’m working up a draft about the cheese farm. Till then: today I wandered around Perth, got a good brunch, found a book I’d been looking for used (thank god – I just can’t get over them wanting 20-35$ for a novel), bought some much needed odds and ends at target, tried to upload youtube videos (failed – they’re going to have to wait a while yet, ditto with the first month of Oz photos), and watched….

YAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee. Pirates. (If you haven’t already seen it – make sure you wait for the scene after the credits). Yes – like spidey 3, a bit too much is attempted this time round, so it takes a little while for the film to hit its stride, but when it does – it is awesome (unlike a lot of spidey). It’d be nice if they could make a 4th that had a simpler plotline (it has been hinted…). Most of what I thought about the film was echoed in cleolinda’s take on the film ( http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/510845.html#cutid1 and http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/511079.html#cutid1). Overall – I had fun. The ending is great. It was well worth the money (plus I got to see it in the art deco cinema here, which I really enjoy). I also just read, that like the second one – which I also really enjoyed – despite the reviews from critics, the cinema score (scores given by viewers polled opening weekend) was an A-.

And – I was looking over imdb’s take on the upcoming summer releases, and found this:

July 6th (limited) [Ed: PLEASE DEAR GOD LET IT OPEN IN OZ]

Joshua

The Plot: The arrival of a newborn girl causes the gradual disintegration of the Cairn family; particularly for 9-year-old Joshua (Kogan), an eccentric boy whose proper upbringing and refined tastes both take a sinister turn.

THE BUZZ: From everything we’ve heard and read, Joshua sounds like The Omen meets The Ice Storm; pretty much what you’d hope for from Hell House director George Ratliff and his feature debut. Pet lovers and new parents are advised to stay far away. P.S. Sam Rockwell: Love you, mean it.

 

PS – just found this: http://www.comingsoon.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48258 You can vote on your fave. poster for Joshua, which might help Fox Searchlight design their ad campaign. Although they might have already picked number 1 as the offical one. The trailer (I can’t hear sound!) is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=id32exZuFm4



Tags:

Comments are closed.