BootsnAll Travel Network



Lazy bum and errands

Yeah – no exciting sightseeing since Newgrange, as I’ve managed to oversleep 2 days running. Looks like I won’t be seeing Kildare or Powerscourt before I leave. I’m still going to try to get to Howth, and I’m booked on a Wicklow trip tomorrow, although now I won’t be able to hike a day section of the way (well, maybe I could on the 8th when I’m back). However, I have applied for my NZ visa, gotten my X-ray forms for the visa filled out (from living in South Africa – they’re convinced I have TB), applied for my tax refund, figured out how to close my bank account from abroad (sorta), got my dublin bus refunds, and did other productive things.

Went out in Temple Bar with Orla last night – turns out that it is not the bastion of tourists I thought it was – but the center of the live music culture. We were in a couple of places, and ended up in the hub which has a good cover band with the exception of a lousy frontman. But we had fun. Steph was supposed to join us, but never showed. And it turns out Orla is having a house party on the 8th, and she’s inviting Stephen, the gorgeous RTE producer, who also happened to go out with Orla and Steph on Sunday till 5am!! Damn me for staying home. Apparently she’s inviting some of the RTE on-air personalities as well. Anyways, should fun, if I can go.

Exciting entertainment news: Taye diggs will be starring with Kate Walsh in the Grey’s spinoff (of course, now I want to know why there will be a spinoff – oh and EW has BLAZONED on its front page that the last Lost ep features Jack in Thailand and now I want to know: HAVE THE TATTOOS BEEN EXPLAINED???? And I can’t know for months. *sniff*.) Jimmy Fallon might be taking over for Conan in 2 years (the more exciting bit of that being that its only 2 years till Conan will be on at a more reasonable hour). From cleolinda: this is a good overview of why best picture is hard to judge: http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/02/21/new-miserable-experience/. I think I might put a (small) bet down for LMS. There are rumors starting to circulate for it, as they did for crash last year – and I think Babel and Iwo Jima will split votes, leaving Departed or LMS on top.

Think that’s it for now… Some new photos up – including a bunch of really random ones from PO that I got from Kristl…

Me, I’m not – NIN (leaked song – I like it)



Tags:

Comments are closed.