BootsnAll Travel Network



I was attacked by a clown weilding scissors

Spent the last 2 days at the hostel more or less getting my bearings, going over wwoof farms (I’m thinking either a horse ranch or a goat/sheep cheese place), reading, watching movies, etc. Budget-wise, I’m pleased to announce both my credit cards raised their limits AND my private loan, despite ending this month, doesn’t start repayment till 2008. YAAAYY!! Sooo… I might still try to work for a couple of weeks (can’t hurt), but I won’t be freaking out about my budget – well, just yet anyways. My job options are standing on a street corner for the Wilderness Society (think the SF Sierra club 5 years ago) or bartending in the outback (think Ireland 4 months ago). Or maybe being a barrista – but I have to see if that would pay cash. Most of the franchises near the hostel don’t (damn you subway!)

Went into the Perth zoo today which, obnoxious school groups aside (I actually complained about one), was really, really fabulous. They had a bunch of marsupials, particularly nocturnal ones, that I probably won’t get to see otherwise, including a numbat!! Also ghost bats, wombats, dingos, echidnas, and quolls. They also had a really great orangutan enclosure, and asian rainforest, and an african safari. And lots of water birds. Also – ravens over here crack me – they sound like a cat being strangled. I got a video, but it’ll be a few days before I get any videos (from here or Mad) up on youtube.

Came back into downtown and saw a reasonably priced hair salon and since I’ve been meaning to get a cut, and my hair was unnaturally awful today, I decided to go in. I requested a messy bob, between shoulder and chin length. And in return I got the most GOD AWFUL… I just don’t even know how to describe what happened. I’m torn between wanting to take a photo to prove that this is not hyperbole and never ever wanting a photographic record of what was perpetrated against my head. I actually fought with the stylist midway through – the other customers were trying not to laugh. SERIOUSLY. I’ve run into 2 guys from my hostel around town, and they both say its ok, but I went into the body shop to get some wax or SOMETHING to deal with it, and the saleslady (black and white betty page type hair and a double pierced lip) nearly hugged me. She was like “you poor thing” and I sort of trust her judgement more than a guy’s. AAUUGH. I know its hair and it will grow out, but STILL. And yes, it looked bad before, and now it looks bad… differently. Its basically kind of… hmmm… a shag? its shorter on top (much, much shorter – I said I didn’t want it any shorter than chin length, and yet huge chunks on the left are now ear length. grrrrrrrrrr. And thats my main problem – the right side looks okay and the left side looks like I was attacked). I do have some longish, sideswept bangs that I like, and I’m fine with her having the top a little shorter because my hair tends to go flat in the back, but HONESTLY. She didn’t listen to a word I said and when I said I didn’t like it she didn’t try to fix it – she just argued with me. We’ll see what I can do with it tomorrow.

Trying to calm down now (it’s hair – it’ll grow back). Got a smoothie and now catching up on the internet. Next I’ll go get some coffee and read for a bit before heading back to the hostel. (I was going to go see 300, but it left theaters here. *sniff*).

Any thoughts on employment should be sent soonish. I’ll start calling people on Monday, probably. Or calling wwoof farms. Or both. or neither. I need to make up my mind. Before then, I’ll be doing more Perth sightseeing. Or pickiting in front of that “salon”.



Tags:

-1 responses to “I was attacked by a clown weilding scissors”

  1. Karen says:

    How amusing! Not that you were butchered, but the way you describe it. Did I send you the recent Onion article about “Area Woman’s Entire Day Ruined by Bangs”. It’s hilarious! You’ll have to check it out.

    Meanwhile, DO take a picture! I’m sure we’d all love to see it. How else can we feel your pain?

    or snicker at you for years to come….

  2. Karen says:

    PS – i before e, except after c — wielding! Honestly, all those years of the finest private schools and neither you nor your brother can spell…

    Neither is OK (above) b/c the rhyme continues: or when sounding like a, as in neighbor and weigh….

  3. admin says:

    That’s ridiculous. That would mean Nigh-ther was pronounced Neigh-ther. Like a horse.

    Besides, I was never taught grammar, so it isn’t my fault I don’t know it.

  4. admin says:

    Oh – and I did read the bangs article – very good.

  5. Karen says:

    OK, bad example. Neither is just a weird exception…like “weird”.

    In any case, we’re discussing spelling, not grammar.

    I still love you, though…

    😉