BootsnAll Travel Network



HEPTOLOGY

I was going to post about the book, but I’m going to wait until I can rant over the phone cross-pacific with my mom. In the meantime, I’m reading on the comments over at cleolinda’s.

And I want to see the American chapter art! Someone post already!

(John Oliver on HP: http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/index.jhtml)

Ok – I’m going to post a few thoughts:

[ARGH – there be spoilers ahead! A bat-bogey hex on anyone continuing without reading the book first!]

HE LIVES!!! HE LIVES!!! HE LIVES!!!!

Of course, once he decided to die – well, that meant he wouldn’t. I was so relieved!

And oh my god I cried the whole way through. I cried for Hedwig, for Kreacher, when Ron comes back, for Dobby, I seriously felt like I had no tears when it came to Fred. I actually didn’t when I almost DIDN’T REALIZE what had happened to Tonks and Lupin, but I did when Harry flips the stone, when he’s in Kings Cross… Oh my god. I had to keep running to the bathroom for more tissue.

A couple of HP notes, and then I’m gonna finish off an unrelated post I started last night.

JK Rowling opened the door on her site (this month’s wizard is Gryffindor, btw). and she says, “the memories I have of seeing San Francisco with Arthur on my first American tour are among my happiest of the whole Potter experience” and she ends with a lovely note to her daughter, Jessica.

A couple of comment posts I’ve enjoyed;
“Why make the multicolored werepup’s life even worse?

However, if JKR suddenly decides to write a book about Teddy Lupin, I will forgive her for killing his parents.”

And, “Anyone else entertained that Harry’s son’s initials are ASP? Oh those Parseltongue jokes.”

Remaining q’s: the death toll – was she throwing us all off the scent? The death toll just kept on coming! I – I’m still not sure I’ve realized what happened to Fred. FRED!
JKR has said that someone will manage magic very late in life in Book 7: ummm…. did I miss something?

Where did the Potter family’s wealth come from? (Is it because he’s descended from Ignotus?)

Quick thoughts; the first half is slow, and the ending far, far too quick – but I think because I didn’t want it to end. I was overly conscious of page numbers as I got closer to the end. As for the epilogue – meh. I think its a fitting conclusion, although I might’ve preferred it to end at Hogwarts. It’s solemn – but how could it be otherwise? You do miss the small joys of hogwarts that were in the other books, though.
I’m gonna go read some M15M on HP. Why couldn’t it be longer??



Tags:

Comments are closed.