BootsnAll Travel Network



Dwight, you ignorant slut!

Shockingly, both Saki and my mother sent me this, “The Odyssey Years”.

I’m ranked 139 out of 359 in EW’s Fall Box Office Challenge. I think my problem is I refuse to admit that crap like Good Luck Chuck is going to earn money. Still – not too bad for my first try. We’ll see how I do next week.

EW on How I met your Mother.

 

News round-up. Includes news on Michael Cera, Jake Gyllenhaal, and NIN.

More on Nicole Kidman’s string o flops. (Wasn’t Moulin Rouge after the Others?) I liked one readers comment, “But right now outside of Will Smith, who is a true box office draw anymore? Depp’s draw depends on the project, Stiller just had a crappy debut, Cruise is out, Roberts hasn’t been in a movie in ages, Bullock’s had some misfires along with Tom Hanks, Witherspoon’s draw also is material dependent. Unless your name is Harry Potter, Spiderman or Jack Sparrow there is no real actor that is bulletproof box office only characters that are.” I think that’s fairly true. And why I think few stars are making quite the obscene figures they used to. Brad Pitt is a pretty consistent draw (likewise Angie when she’s doing action). As is George Clooney. Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio are pretty solid. I’d argue the Depp is, too.

TV ad for same-sex marriage.

Wow; in the Christchurch paper today there’s a 2 story townhouse, 2 br, with a balcony, 1 block from the park and river and 9 blocks from Cathedral Square. It’s going for 348,000. That’s 266,500 in US dollars. Burst, SF real estate bubble, you!

File under the TOTALLY BAD IDEA pile.

Ditto on this one. My favourite bit? “One VP is quoted as saying: “We are trying to get as much stuff as possible shoved through.” There’s nothing like that image being used to describe a creative process. I particularly like the use of “shove.” The VP isn’t hurrying to get projects underway, but shoving as many through as he/she can. Nice. With that mindset, it’s not hard to see why the writers are ticked.”

There’s an interesting tidbit buried in a John Carter of Mars news update over on cinematical, “There is still talk that Pixar will finally be getting into the live-action game with Brad Bird‘s telling of the San Francisco earthquake, 1906” Well, I like Brad Bird, so… cool.

This cracked me up, in part because….  Seriously? They’re dating? Who knew? (from imdb), “Actress Mila Kunis is sick of hearing reports claiming she and long-term boyfriend Macaulay Culkin are married – because they are all “made up.” The That 70s Show star, 24, has been dating the Home Alone actor for six years, and admits false reports about alleged proposals, weddings and children can become tiresome. She tells Parade magazine, “I’ve been engaged. I think I’ve already been married. And I’m sure I have a child somewhere. I’m waiting to have something else happen. No, I’m not married. And no, I’m not engaged. And no, I do not have a child. No one seems to listen. And next week I’ll be engaged again. I think, at one point, they were like, ‘Seen shopping in Beverly Hills for engagement rings.’ We were in Japan working. What is wrong with these people? Half the time you can say they misconstrued facts. But, more often than not, they just make stuff up.””

Why Republicans suck.

On a related note, this line over at the Chron made me laugh out loud, “I’m now absolutely certain that Bill O’Reilly is the reason ball gags were invented.”

Found this travel album on webshots. Pretty pics.

And the rest is from Cleolinda;

Vandal Punches Hole in a Monet in Paris.

Adventurer ends 13-year human-powered world trip.

Japan officials reprimanded for editing Wikipedia at work. “‘The Agriculture Ministry is not in charge of Gundam,’ said ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura.”

omgwtfsleddogs! AWWWW.

Jem Warns Kids Of The Dangers Of Lesbians, Lying, And Pill Popping.

ME BID U… VELCOM. Seriously, I keep going back to look at it again because it makes me laugh every time. Also: seasonally appropriate!

But mo-om, all da kidz wear der pantz like dis.

Warner Bros. is either making films for 2008 with female leads after all, or they’re backpedaling really, reaaaaally quickly. That, or the bias won’t show up until current projects come out in 2009. But at least they know people are pissed now. Also: I kind of wanted a cigarette after reading this.

New Line Needs Money Softens Jackson Stance.

Baby’s day off: Roger Ebert goes back and reviews Children of Men. [Ed: I’m still sad that this and the Wind that Shakes the Barley weren’t given proper releases/ Oscar campaigns. They were easily 2 of the best films of the year.]

Scarlett On-Set: “He’s Just Not That Into You.”



Tags:

-18 responses to “Dwight, you ignorant slut!”

  1. Karen says:

    And yet you still don’t think you should be working in the entertainment industry…

  2. admin says:

    Well…. I kinda do. But unfortunately now, I’m not exactly trained for it. C’est la vie.

  3. Karen says:

    I doubt it requires that much training…think about the crap that comes out of that sausage factory. Besides, you’re as funny and as much a celebrity slut as anyone from EW….

  4. Emily says:

    I know someone who’s doing publicity at Weinstein… I can always ask about stuff…

  5. admin says:

    Ah – such loveing words from my own mother…

    You know, for someone who started out as a film major, you certainly don’t show much respect for cinema. Lots of good things come out of hollywood these days. You just don’t see them.

    God – how amazing would it be to work for the Weinsteins? Still, they’re having to be cautious at the moment with their projects until they have some more hits. I don’t know. I think I’ll wait till I get home to think about jobs and what I want to apply for. But thank you so much for the offer!