BootsnAll Travel Network



Thwarted Early AM Adventure

(Warning: this blog entry is entirely written with Jeff’s opinions)

Maybe, I’m getting lazy in my old age but I just couldn’t bring myself to waking at 6AM (alone), wrestling a 100Baht ride 7KM into town, waking a bar owner and getting past the language barrier to watch a football game where, from all accounts, it sounds like I was lucky for missing. Of course as usual we (Seattle) were screwed by the officials (Big Ben TD), robbed of a game we should have won (Nice 4Q interception Hasselback), and never saw the trick play coming (how many times has Randle-El pulled off that pass….plenty). I guess I’m just being a little crass since I just learned of their defeat but it was quite peaceful (and tiring) hiking with the Buddhists through 1000 year old caves while, full well knowing, I could be watching the Seahawks. Doesn’t mean I’m not a fan….it might just mean I’m learning to prioritize. Well….we’ll see next year if I still have that opinion!!

With all sincerity thank you to all whom helped with brief posts during the game….it was very thoughtful. Talk to you all soon…..



Tags:

5 responses to “Thwarted Early AM Adventure”

  1. B's Mom says:

    You were much better off doing what you were doing. In the very large world we are a part of…as the two of you are finding out, one football game that is focused on $$$$ is a small thing. However, I was one of the millions that assisted in the rich getting richer yesterday as I watched the game. I didn’t think the Hawks played very well..they seemed to lack the fire I’ve seen from them this past season. The calls didn’t go our way but I don’t think we were robbed….we made too many mistakes. That said, your focus is in the right place. Continue to enjoy.

    Mom

  2. Andrew says:

    I must say the West Coast Hawk fans were represented in Metro Detroit. It was great to see.

    The cooking school looks and sounds amazing. I’m hungry for Tai food as I type!

    Cheers,
    Andrew

  3. G says:

    No doubt. It is amazing how little you care about things like football when you are rolling through SE Asia. I would trade some pad thai and tom yum goong straight up for the 14 lbs of guacomole, spinach dip, artichoke dip, calzones, cupcakes, nachoes, chile and sandwhiches I had yesterday.

  4. Emily says:

    Oh I am SO HUNGRY reading about Jeff’s degustation menu and the cooking class. I threw together every ingredient last night trying to make something even slightly resembling your menu…then had to drown my sorrows with chocolate chip cookies.

    By the way – who cares how much you eat when you’re hiking up and down mountains every day??!! I say eat it ALL!

  5. Jill says:

    The cuisine over there sounds amazing!! The Noodle Pot isn’t really sounding so appealing anymore, sorry Matthew, my standards are going up just by living reading this blog. Everything sounds so amazing. And although one might think you would gain weight, my guess is that you burn it right off hiking. How were the interactions with the Buddhist monks? Did you just feel more serene being in their presence? I have some interesting CDs of their chants. I also am not sure how you, Jeff!!!, are controlling your spending. Didn’t you budget for shipping??? Sounds like you guys are learning alot. Have fun, we miss you!

  6. Nancy says:

    Becca and Jeff — SO loving your travel stories. GO, STEELERS! We were psyched. It’s been a long, long time….

  7. Healy Landis says:

    Jeff and Becca

    Just wanted you to know that my husband is in Australia and had to find a bar or someplace to be open so he could see the game. He had to get up around 8am Monday morning to watch the game. He said the Australian announcers were on the Seahawks side. Brad called me on Wednesday afternoon and all he could talk about was the game and the refs.

    Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful trip.

  8. Tara says:

    What’s this silliness about not shopping? There is always the mail — if you trust it!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *