BootsnAll Travel Network



Quiz Time!!!

Hello from Egypt…..we have been laying on the beach along the Red Sea for a little under a week. Not much of a story there except for the amazing snorkeling over and around the reefs of Dahab. Thought we would have a little interactive fun with you….our readers….before our next adventurous post!!

That means Quiz Time!!! As we have travelled the world the multitude of people that we have met have asked us a simple yet sometimes puzzling question:

“What is traditional American food!!”

Well, we think we’ve come up with some pretty good answers but we want to hear from the masses…..what constitutes American food (remember steak and fries are French)??? Be very creative!!!

We want to hear everyone’s ideas and the winner (picked judiciously) will receive a surprise gift from our journey around the world….DON’T MISS OUT!! Post your submission TODAY!!!

 



Tags:

17 responses to “Quiz Time!!!”

  1. Jeff says:

    How about a Big Mac, fries and a Coke from McDonald’s?

    I’m American and I’ve never actually had a Big Mac, but this is still the most American meal I can think of.

  2. Julie says:

    The most traditional American food I can think of is casseroles & meatloaf (winter), bot dogs (or anything) at the ballpark, and Backyard BBQ fare (summer). Of course, I enjoy the non-traditional “American” fare as well – pizza, Chinese take-out, etc.

  3. Chris says:

    Chicken Wings!!!!!

  4. Stacey says:

    How about Corn on the Cob (dripping with butter and salt), sweet potato fries (its a biggie in RI) oh and another RI tradition…Dunkin Donuts Coffee with lots of cream and sugar (who btw have changed their tagline to “America Runs on Dunkin!”

  5. B's Mom says:

    Squeeze cheese in a can and chicken in a biscuit crackers!! I’ll keep thinking. mom

    Grits, Chitterlings, hot water cornbread…from Vince

    He’s still thinking too but it’s a Friday and we’re too tired to be really creative.

  6. Jane says:

    Macaroni cheese and apple pie! I’m looking forward to catching up on the first part of your trip.

  7. Tara says:

    If you’re from the upper midwest, it would have to be tater-tot hot dish. Fortunately I’m from the lower midwest, so I’ll have to keep thinking of a better idea…

  8. Mom and Dad z says:

    Got to be hamburgers and a coke, apple pie.
    Corn and Turkey are other native American foods.
    Popcorn for snacks.
    That is the extent of our intelligence at 1151pm on Friday, after spending 4 hours getting the virus out of our computer.

  9. Amy O'Brien Shefferd says:

    The most American would have to be our family’s “white trash Chicken” (cream of one everything soup, chicken, rice baked to a gooey mess … nasty) and my husband’s favorite … Ground beef mixed with Beef flavored Rice-A-Roni!
    Amy (Jenni’s College Roommate)

  10. Carlee Mann says:

    How bout ‘fast’ food’ in general. I know that many different types of fast food are from other countries (Panda Express, Taco Bell, etc) but we took them and ‘Americanized’ it! And as I’m sure you’ve seen, it’s creeping into other parts of the world!

  11. Anna and Chris says:

    I’d have to say all of the above, but make sure you “super-size” it, that will truly make it American! Americans haven’t figured out about portion control yet…
    Anna 🙂

  12. Jeff and Becca says:

    These are great submissions everyone! We are still evaluating entries (there are a few front runners) so please keep submitting. We would love to hear from the K-1 bloggers on this one if possible. Stay tuned for a new blog post on our trip through Egypt.

  13. Russ says:

    This is a great question, but a difficult one. The diversity of the US makes it hard to narrow things down to one choice.
    There’s great regional cuisine (Soul food, TexMex, Pacific Rim) and we do a great job of assimilating other cultures’ cuisines.
    The most “traditional” food is probably Thanksgiving dinner. The most originally “American” are hamburgers.

    But our vote for the tastiest & most uniquely American food is BBQ. Not grilled food (lots of other cultures have that) — but slow-cooked, smoky BBQ brisket, ribs, or pork. Yum!!!

  14. Mrs. Jaross' K-1 Bloggers says:

    Hi Jeff and Becca,
    Here is what the K-1 Bloggers think about traditional American food:

    Macaroni and cheese – Catrina
    Hamburgers – Connor
    Cheeseburgers – Seth
    Chicken Noodle Soup – Sarah
    Clam Chowder – Joseph
    Cucumbers – Nate
    Chef Boyardee – Emily
    Apples – Anderson
    Salad – Nicole A.
    Rice and butter – David
    Popcorn – Emily
    Pasta – Connor
    Crab – Jillian
    Salmon – Andreea
    Meatball Sandwiches – Kevin
    Pineapple – Joseph
    Brownies – Connor
    Oranges – Karen
    Cake – Nate
    Chicken Fingers – Kevin
    Shrimp – Jordyn
    Lobster – Andreea

    We hope this helps you answer the question!
    Talk to you soon,
    Love, The K-1 Bloggers

  15. Laura and Holly Mapp says:

    Hello from Peru – we haven’t made America yet, but our stereotype ideas of food from the USA would be…Hot Dog on the streets of New York, Fried Chicken in the South and anything by Ronald McDonald! Sorry to Mom and Dad Z, but Apple Pie is English, we don’t have a lot of good food, so we are protective of the yummy stuff!! xx

  16. Suz says:

    Thanksgiving dinner with all of the trimmings. A truly American meal!

  17. Andrew says:

    Great question…

    I think of these –

    Summer/County Faif food (elephant ears, turkey leg, cotton candy, candied apples, etc.)
    Tuna Casserole
    Sheppard’s Pie
    Salad’s made with Head Lettuce
    Smore’s
    Chili
    Frito Pie (Em’s favorite)
    Brownie’s
    and Hot Dog’s from Weiner Circle or Wrigley Field!!!

    Kerry Wood back on the 15 Day DL…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *