BootsnAll Travel Network



Crossing Our Fingers

Just a quick update on the Travelling Zanatta’s. We are still in Chiang Mai after a few days of bed-rest for Becca. She has been having some stomach issues and running a bit of a fever. Through a bit of TLC from Jeff and a lot of resting she is up (crossing our fingers)and about again. Seems to have been an issue with something viral so Becca is going to watch her intake of all type of substances.

We are scheduled to head of to the Lao-Thai border on Monday afternoon and should be “incommunicato” until Wednesday as we float down the lovely Mekong river to Luang Prabang. We are so enthusiatic about the excitement our blog is generating at home so please keep up the great posts.

For all of you worried about our lacking of shopping, we have slightly remedied the problem. Jeff bought a great t-shirt with a local artist’s elephant print. Then today, after Jeff’s second cooking class and more rest for Becca we walked to the local Warorot Market and Thai boutique shops. We found a great multitude of shops and bought some fantasticly, colorful Thai silk pillow cases. For all of those that requested us to purchase them some Thai fabrics we are sorry because there is too much to choose from. Each of you will have to save up and buy your own ticket to Thailand and come with us the next time we visit. What a great place and great bargains!!!

That’s all for now…..see ya in a few days. 



Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Crossing Our Fingers”

  1. MomZ says:

    Yuck! Don’t you know you weren’t suppose to get sick! Hope all is better and we send you feel better wishes,Becca…..drink alot of juice and water.
    Sounds like that Plan B will move ahead and find more wonderful adventures.
    As far as the shopping….Jeff let’s get moving on some thai silk for your mother….I know how much it weighs, honey.
    Have fun and keep us up on how you are feeling……LOve, Mom OXOXOX

  2. B's Mom says:

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you too Becca. This Mom’s a little worried…you are so far away. Drink, drink, and drink, and get as much rest as possilbe. Enjoy your trip on the Mekong. It should be a beautiful trip. I’m thinking positive thoughts for you both.

    Mom

  3. Anonymous says:

    Hi guys! I just got caught up with your comments – WOW is the only word for your experiences. I just received our visas for our March trip to China with the school — and your entries have me SOOO psyched! The Flower Parade and the Moon Garden are exactly what I hope will be our good fortune to see as well!
    Love you guys – take good care –
    xox Susan Bevan

  4. Jeff Bashor says:

    Hello Jeff and Becca, I remember watching apocalypse now and the marines blasting Jimmy Hendrix navigating down the Mekong river. Hope all is well with you guys

  5. Suz says:

    Becca and Jeff:

    Rice and weak tea are also good for stomach problems. Hope you are feeling well soon! We all love reading your posts–feels like we are along with you (we wish!)

    It was been 70 degrees in SF–unusual for this time of the year (warmer than some summer days!). We have been outside as much as possible taking advantage of the sunshine! The rain will come again, though. 🙁

    Can’t wait to read your next post!

    Suz

  6. Jill says:

    Becca take care, please!!! We have been looking at so many of your pics here in class it is great! So a big thanks from all my kids…We are wishing you guys the best!

  7. Beth Adas says:

    I hope you are feeling better Becca by the time you receive this email. Happy Valentine’s Day!

    Miss you in Chicago,
    Beth

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *