BootsnAll Travel Network



Sepilok Borneo

Well we left Seaventures Platform to a nice farewell from the staff, we sure are going to miss it there!  However we were headed to Sepilok and the orangatang reserve to see the nice orange monkeys!!  The trip was over 4 hours long by taxi it was about 500RM but worth it for the 4 of us and all our gear!  Each of us not only has our day pack but also our backpack and a dive bag.  I think total all our gear comes to about 40 – 50kg per person!!!  I wish we would have taken up darts instead lol!  Anyway after a really long ride we finally made it to Sandakan!  Here we spent the night as the Sepilok Resort was going to be picking us up around 830 the following morning.  Oh back to the ride, I think we saw every type of palm tree in the world!!  Okay I am sure not every one but close.  Mom and Dad you would have loved it.  I can’t wait to go back and explore more of Borneo.  Anyway after a sleepless night, it is Ramadan so call to prayer late at night and early in the morning kept us awake.  I think the speaker for call to prayer was right out our window!!  Unlike the middle east were call to prayer is short, here it goes on forever!  Oh well!  We got picked up and off to the resort!  Wow what a place, nice manicured lawns, good food and a lovely bungalow.  We even had a proper bath tube!   We were in walking distance to the reserve were we made it in time for the morning feeding.  These guys are so so cute!!  They are just babies and teens, very playful!  During the afternoon feeding one jumped up on the rail and got within arms reach of us!  That night we did a night walk through the reserve as our resort was right next to it.  It was pretty boring, but still nice to walk around at night.  Maryanne did have a leech land on our hand that freaked her out, so we had a nice laugh about that!  Later I found one on my hip, okay I never saw it just found a lot of blood on the bed!  It was a nice place.  That afternoon, we headed to the airport for our flight to KL.  We will sure miss Sabah Borneo and will anxiously await our return visit.  Today we fly out to Banda Ache in northern Borneo, lets hope it is a nice gentle flight! 

PS welcome home Mom and Dad can’t wait to hear about your trip, we will try to give you a call this weekend from Pulau Weh!

Jade – We will get the pictures of the Orange Monkeys posted this weekend for you!!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *