BootsnAll Travel Network



92 days and only 45 working days till we leave!!

Hello all!  Maryanne finally let me write on our blog (okay she showed me how to login to our site).   Of the two of us I am the planner/worrier/anal retentive/retard of our duo.  As for planning, I had it all down pat we were going to go to Thailand for our 3 month dive master internship, then a month each for Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, back to Thailand again to explore the rest of the country, then to Malaysia in Feb 09 for a month, two months in Indonesia, Philippines for 2 months, then Guam, Saipan, Yap, Australia for the 3 months and then New Zealand…..  I was trying to factor in weather, festivals, possibility of shark attacks and the earths rotation.  Maryanne had to remind me this trip was about the freedom to do whatever we want whenever that may be.  So needless to say after some back and forth, I lost that battle. However she did agree to be in Australia and New Zealand for the summer.  So my manhood, head of the household feeling has been restored!

 As for me being the worrier and retard of the group they sometimes go hand in hand.  Never having dived before, I am a little worried about sharks.  I would be less worried if they made an automatic spear-gun holding at least 100 spears!  So while I wait for that to be invented, I decided it would be best to at least of 2 dive knives.  One for each leg!  The theory being, if a shark bites off one of my arms I can still reach a knife with my other arm to fend him off.  Also if somehow my arm gets pinned under a rock or a falling ship I will still be able to cut it off.  Logical right?!?!  It seems I am the only person who thinks this is a good idea!  Well since Maryanne says I can’t wear a chainmail suit, I figure at least the two knives will be acceptable to her.  Sheesh I am just looking out for our safety! 

My anal retentive side may be laughed at by Maryanne; however we have backups for everything.  Deep down I know she is happy I plan for unforeseen things!  Although I did concede that having my passport page and shot record tattooed to my butt might be a little extreme.  I still think it isn’t a half bad idea, although since I hate needles I am happy she talked me out of that one!  Thankfully we still have 92 days left as I am still working on the security option of our trip.   Being forgetful and prone to needing a hospital visit at least twice a year, this will require a lot of planning.

Speaking of hospitals, we are almost done with our visits!  We just had an allergy test for Maryanne, which luckily came back with only minor allergies to things.  Mostly shellfish, but luckily she has only a low tolerance.  This means we won’t need to get the EpiPen, since she will not die if she eats shellfish!  The thought of having to get “Shellfish will kill me!” translated into every language of where we are going was going to be a lot of work!  Luckily we only need to more types of shots Hep A and B, we will start those when we come back from States in April!

I think I have rambled enough for today…  I am just so excited to start our trip!  We are so close, we only have 10 more boxes of stuff going into storage to mail home! 



Tags:

2 responses to “92 days and only 45 working days till we leave!!”

  1. nikamarie says:

    LOL!!!!!! Don’t worry at all sharks are usually friendly and as far as the knives LOL!! if it makes you feel comfortable but you guys are going to have a BALL!!!

    oH yeah it is good to make a small copy of your pass port and put it in a safe place!(my best friend who is a travel freak told me this)

    I’m excited for you two also. Looking forward to mailing off those boxes of yours at your local PO.

    Marie

  2. nikamarie says:

    oh yeah thanks you two for the pizza everyone was so happy!!! GOOOOOOOD!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *