BootsnAll Travel Network



So, what about a driving trip in France?

France is famous for biking (Tour de France), and high speed bullet train. How about driving in France? Here are some information I found very helpful:

France has a well-developed system of highways. Most of the freeway (autoroute) links are toll roads. Some have toll station giving you access to a section, others have entrance and exit toll stations. Don’t lose your entrance ticket or you will be charged for the longest distance. All toll stations accept major credit cards, or you can use the automatic booth, but only if your card is equipped with a chip.

Roads range from the narrow single-lane roads in the countryside to major highways. Most towns and cities were built before the general availability of the automobile and thus city centres tend to be unwieldy for cars. Keep this in mind when renting: large cars can be very unwieldy. It often makes sense to just park and then use public transportation.

So, as French movies suggest, it might alsways a better choice to ride a bike when you are in country side, but take trains when you want to travel from Paris to Marseilles. But if you want to travel from Toulouse to Bordeaux, driving could be a not bad choice if you’ve already rent a car, as the 250 km road is all autoroute which means they are FREE according to the review here.

This post is brought to you by a friend at  http://www.hotelsenfrancais.com/France/



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *